PDA

View Full Version : Start-up grant

emile1973
11-04-2008, 06:46 PM
Hi there everyone

I have finally got my pre-reg visit on the 22nd April...have been waiting a while and decided to buy all the bits and pieces I still need next week, have also been saving all receipts etc only to get a letter this morning from my local child minding support officer saying that the £300 start up grant has , as of 1st April 08 been abolished and replaced by free books and toys from EduZone.
All this is great but doesn't help me as I need all these bits now....

My local council has also said that they have got no one to teach ICP at the mo so have to go to another borough to do the course....

As you can tell I'm a bit down on the childminding at the mo and was so looking forward to it.

Just a moan so sorry but has anyone else had this letter!

Had a bad pre childminding couple of weeks as Ofsted has lost my partners forms and my doc took 6 weeks to fill in my health dec only(receipt saved ) to charge me £45 and then for Ofsted to loose that too.....

Heres to a better week next week!Thanks for listening guys...

Emma x

littlestar
11-04-2008, 06:50 PM
oh im sorry emma to hear that my developement worker came out last monday and gave me my start up grant form didnt mention it had gone told me to fill it in asap and send it away also a newly registered childminder in my area has just sent away hers and we can claim up to £500 if we live in a deprived area £250 standard are you sure she was telling you the truth i would ring ofsted and querry it

breezy
11-04-2008, 06:57 PM
Hi,
Sorry to hear you're having a rough ride, it can only get better!
Do check about grant my friend has just received start up grant (we're in Essex)
Also ncma run our ICP courses have you contacted them for help?
Good luck, all the best
Breezy :)

emile1973
11-04-2008, 07:46 PM
Hi there
Just read the letter Ive received again and its not a government thing...its my local council...

I live in Merton, so looks like its just us and when we apply for our grant it has to be signed off by them first. Typical of where I live to be honest and makes you wonder how they can do this.

I will look into it further than them though, now I know its not a country wide thing...

Any more advice welcome.
Thankyou Emma x

sarah707
11-04-2008, 09:53 PM
I hope you can ring them on Monday and get it sorted... it doesn't sound fair to be messed about like this when you've been promised something.

Otherwise, I suppose you could always sell the books on ebay and spend the money on things you need! :laughing:

angeldelight
12-04-2008, 07:51 AM
I agree with Sarah

Hope you sort it

Angel xx

emile1973
13-04-2008, 10:24 PM
Hi there

I am going to challenge it on the grounds that I think that anyone in the system and process of registration should have their grant honoured.

Got my inspection in 8 days and worried now...