PDA

View Full Version : cadbury's roses.???

kindredspirits
09-11-2010, 09:05 PM
DH bought me a tin earlier (bet he regrets it now, we've had a barny and I am being the woman from hell due to PMT).
Anyway - I have had a few but the Orange Creme's and Strawberry Dream's are just hard chocolate!!! I feel very short changed - i like my cremey centres and am fairly certain that they shouldn't be just hard choc (they're the right shapes as they should be but just no creme or anything in the middle.)
Has anyone else had some Roses this year - are yours the same or have i got a dodgy batch?

Mookins
09-11-2010, 09:20 PM
i had that last year hun, they are supposed to be runny and blob all over ya lips
complain hun, my mil complained cos there was only 3 of something in the whole tin and she got a voucher and free tin!!
grrr

xxx

nannymcflea
10-11-2010, 06:16 PM
DH bought me a tin earlier (bet he regrets it now, we've had a barny and I am being the woman from hell due to PMT).
Anyway - I have had a few but the Orange Creme's and Strawberry Dream's are just hard chocolate!!! I feel very short changed - i like my cremey centres and am fairly certain that they shouldn't be just hard choc (they're the right shapes as they should be but just no creme or anything in the middle.)
Has anyone else had some Roses this year - are yours the same or have i got a dodgy batch?

Our (now empty) tin were delicious, thank you. Write or email them.

PixiePetal
10-11-2010, 06:18 PM
Oh no! now I am going to have to open them to test them :laughing:

I don't like the creams anyway - DH has to have those and I get the nuts as his teeth don't like them :thumbsup:

I would complain to cadburys - and get a free tin with any luck :D :D

Mouse
10-11-2010, 06:20 PM
I can't really tell without seeing them & trying them myself.

If you'd like to send some to me I'll carry out a quality control test & let you have my expert opinion in due course :thumbsup: :laughing:

kindredspirits
10-11-2010, 07:29 PM
:laughing: I sent them a complaint e-mail - doubt it will get far but so far I have had about a dozen 'solid cremes' and 1 orange one that was ok. - still got most of the tin left so will do some more experiments tonight.... do you think i ought to save half a solid one as evidence?

Gizmo
10-11-2010, 07:37 PM
I got a tin at the weekend and they are fine but I did have to tell the kids not to eat the purple one as they really really wouldnt like them ha ha my evil plan worked and I got all the purple ones to myself :laughing: :laughing:

LOOPYLISA
10-11-2010, 07:42 PM
Bought some celebrations friday, there are 6 left :eek:

Mouse
13-11-2010, 04:24 PM
In the name of research I bought some Roses on Thursday & they lasted till we opened them today!

I can report that the orange & stawberry ones were runny, as they should be. Looks like you had some dud ones. Hope they replace the tine for you :thumbsup:

PixiePetal
13-11-2010, 04:41 PM
I had friends to dinner last night - 'the girls'!

we talked about Roses and as I was clearing away the aftermath of dinner at about midnight, the sellotape just fell off the Roses tin :o :o so I felt obliged to eat some - don't like the creams so will get DH to test them :thumbsup:

Oh well, need another tin for Christmas now :blush:

PixiePetal
15-11-2010, 05:25 PM
A friend tested the orange creams today and she had 2 solid choc ones so I will be emailing too!

Had a peep at the others and they look ok - the solid ones have a mis-shapen bottom!!:laughing:

RainbowMum
15-11-2010, 06:00 PM
Had a peep at the others and they look ok - the solid ones have a mis-shapen bottom!!:laughing:

Thats my problem - I am solid and have a mis shaped bottom :laughing: :laughing:

Can you all stop talking about chocs now - I'm trying to lose a bit of flab before christmas :panic:

Mouse
15-11-2010, 07:35 PM
Thats my problem - I am solid and have a mis shaped bottom :laughing: :laughing:

Can you all stop talking about chocs now - I'm trying to lose a bit of flab before christmas :panic:

lol! We're now left with an alomst empty tin of Roses, only blue ones left. I thought they were coconut, but they're not, they're toffee.

PixiePetal
15-11-2010, 07:47 PM
lol! We're now left with an alomst empty tin of Roses, only blue ones left. I thought they were coconut, but they're not, they're toffee.

coconut ones are in Quality Street - my fave ones!

haribo
17-11-2010, 03:14 PM
i have to buy some to test ;) must admit i give them all a sly squeeze (before unwrapping ) as i only like them soft :laughing: :laughing: then of course i have to eat them as ive dented them:jump for joy: :jump for joy:

kindredspirits
17-11-2010, 05:26 PM
i got a letter in the post today with a £5 voucher. :thumbsup:

Ripeberry
17-11-2010, 06:10 PM
Well I've got 15!!! tins of Cadbury's roses sitting in the office just two feet away from me. And they are not for us :(
DH's turn to buy the presents for the people in his office this year (he is one of the bosses).
So much chocolate, but not a bite to eat! :panic:

Heaven Scent
17-11-2010, 06:32 PM
oh I'd be in heaven if I got a tin of Roses without any soft centres LOL!!!

PixiePetal
17-11-2010, 07:34 PM
i got a letter in the post today with a £5 voucher. :thumbsup:

Ooh - here's hoping. Just emailed them :thumbsup: