PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Chocolates

Chatterbox Childcare
08-11-2010, 08:25 PM
I wonder how many people buy these early because they are on special but they don't make it to the big day?

Last year I brought 2 tins and they stayed in the garage until 25th December but this year we have eaten our way through 3 tins already. What about you?

ZoeAlli
08-11-2010, 08:28 PM
Hee Hee! That was us last year!:blush: This year so far we've been more reserved- only one tin so far, however i expect to go through another tin next week as I am hosting a candle party.:) (must get some more for presents).

miss mopple
08-11-2010, 08:28 PM
I never buy the tins. The kids get so many sweets I dont see the point :blush:

Twinkles
08-11-2010, 08:37 PM
I had that very problem this weekend ......with a bottle of Baileys :D

Pixie dust
08-11-2010, 08:39 PM
We have still got some left in a tin from last year, the ones that nobody will eat so not going to get any this year,

FussyElmo
08-11-2010, 08:40 PM
We are being so good not been tempted yet. Not even for the Baileys :thumbsup:

babs
08-11-2010, 08:40 PM
I had that very problem this weekend ......with a bottle of Baileys :D

ive brought 3 bottles of baileys so far and im on last one half gone already:eek: :eek: .. as for chocolates i buy hubby eats so i have to hide them not brought yet this year...

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
08-11-2010, 08:50 PM
We have bought one tin and then some thorntons chocolates and then some others that my friend was selling but we have put them alway and I cannot get to them which I am really glad about. xx

Trouble
08-11-2010, 08:58 PM
not chos but toffeees:blush: I LOVE THEM

Twinkles
08-11-2010, 08:59 PM
We are being so good not been tempted yet. Not even for the Baileys :thumbsup:

Ha , I might have to come and visit you then :p

Seriously the next bottle I buy will have to be stored at my mums house.

Well what's the good of having a mum in the Salvation Army ( teetotal ) if you can't take advantage :laughing:

Chatterbox Childcare
08-11-2010, 09:05 PM
We have still got some left in a tin from last year, the ones that nobody will eat so not going to get any this year,

Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhat!! :D

LOOPYLISA
08-11-2010, 09:15 PM
We have bought 2 so far, we opened one sat night :blush:

Bought mince pies sunday :D , mum had chestnuts today mmmmm im sooooo naughty :D

sweets
08-11-2010, 09:20 PM
i wouldnt dare buy one even tho id really really love one, i see them in the shopd and make myself to say NO. lol.

i know that i would eat the lot prob in just one or 2 sittings :blush: :blush:

little chickee
08-11-2010, 09:33 PM
i bought 2 tins of celebrations 1 of roses and a smaller box of heros.

1/2 tin celebrations and 1/2 tin roses left!

its mainly hubby and the kids though! Honest!!

nannysue
08-11-2010, 09:36 PM
Mine could sit there from one Christmas to the next ............. until that seal is broken :D then its fatal i have to have one each time i pass them !!

But in my defence we have to have all the pretty papers for crafty stuff , so i have no choice really... its all in the line of work !!!!:laughing: :laughing:

ajs
08-11-2010, 09:40 PM
i did an asda mystery shop in september and they told me to spend £25 so i bought beer, chocoaltes and biscuits and haven't opened any yet, i have been tempted but haven't given in yet

nell57
08-11-2010, 09:44 PM
Bought one tin a month or 2 ago and put in top of wardrobe, had completly forgot about it until read this thread:D

PixiePetal
08-11-2010, 09:59 PM
2 tins stored in larder :thumbsup:

was almost tempted but on halloween there was a prog with Dawn French on and there was a tin with insects coming out of the wrappers - put me off somewhat!

Playmate
08-11-2010, 10:08 PM
I wonder how many people buy these early because they are on special but they don't make it to the big day?

Last year I brought 2 tins and they stayed in the garage until 25th December but this year we have eaten our way through 3 tins already. What about you?

Debbie tut tut! what about those size 12 jeans waiting for you? If you have any more you can bring them at the weekend and share :D

The Juggler
09-11-2010, 07:29 AM
the only thing I really buy is after eights or dinner mints. Not saying I don't like those soft centres in the tins but I prefer dark chocs.:)

Chatterbox Childcare
09-11-2010, 01:33 PM
Debbie tut tut! what about those size 12 jeans waiting for you? If you have any more you can bring them at the weekend and share :D

It's not me honest :laughing:

I must admit when hubby took the selotape off I couldn't refuse but once the kids saw them they are all but gone and not on my waist either! :D

Ali56
09-11-2010, 01:40 PM
I have a tin put away and was trying to be good, then I looked after my friends girls while her OH had an operation and she gave me a tin as a thank you!! needless to say they won't make christmas :D :D

kindredspirits
09-11-2010, 02:08 PM
mmm.... now I don't do xmas indulgence (actually don't do xmas this year) BUT I am going to get a tin of chocs today because its actually cheaper to buy the tin with the chocs in than it is to get a cake tin - and I need a new cake tin.... (thats the story i'm sticking to anyway.)
They will be gone within a fortnight! :thumbsup:

Carol M
09-11-2010, 02:16 PM
One tin of Roses hidden away to take for midnight feast on Christmas meet up in Brum.
I hear Angel is a chocoholic, better get another :clapping:
Carol xx

Trouble
09-11-2010, 02:49 PM
make that 2 :blush: :blush: :blush: well i was doing paperwork :(

jacey
09-11-2010, 03:00 PM
I've bought the tins as they are cheaper at the moment than "normal" chocolates and all in my household (2A4C) get to choose types they like as we all like different ones:)

Playmate
09-11-2010, 05:25 PM
It's not me honest :laughing:

I must admit when hubby took the selotape off I couldn't refuse but once the kids saw them they are all but gone and not on my waist either! :D

Ok I'll let you off :laughing:

Alibali
09-11-2010, 07:38 PM
I voted none, but then after reading the thread I remembered I had bought 2 boxes of after eights, not opened them yet, but just been to give blood and couldn't because I'm anaemic - and I think there is a lot of iron in after eights:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Off to open a box:D

zillervalley
09-11-2010, 07:56 PM
I am Lactose intolarant so dont eat chocs, i hint to the parents about my tolarance, but still get them for birthdays and christmas, so dh, and dd eat them for me

nannymcflea
10-11-2010, 06:20 PM
I am Lactose intolarant so dont eat chocs, i hint to the parents about my tolarance, but still get them for birthdays and christmas, so dh, and dd eat them for me

I'll eat them for you, just to help you out.:D

I bought a tin last week and ORKSIE made me open them at the weekend...so we had to eat them.:clapping:

Mouse
10-11-2010, 06:26 PM
I haven't bought any yet, but keep thinking I should while they're on special offer!

A couple of years ago we bought 3 tins & were given another 3. They all went in record time. Last year we only bought one tin & I was really strict about not opening it before christmas. We forgot about it & found it just in time for easter!

breezy
10-11-2010, 09:39 PM
2 lots of celebrations well and truely hidden from the kids!!!!!!!!!!

singingcactus
10-11-2010, 09:47 PM

:eek: 3! lol, I don't have that problem with chocs (hubby does but he's rubbish at finding what I hide :) ) my trouble is with cheese....mmm......and my kids are the same...as both of us, no safe haven here for chocs or cheese!