PDA

View Full Version : Its all systems go

Hebs
08-11-2010, 06:10 PM
Tomorrow!

Getting living room walls skimmed and finally getting the stuid partition wall that seperates my bathroom and toilet taken out ( super excited about this!! )

Took tomorrow off cos its gonna be messy!

X

PixiePetal
08-11-2010, 06:12 PM
hope it all goes as planned without TOO much mess :thumbsup:

photos when its done on FB please :)

LOOPYLISA
08-11-2010, 06:13 PM
How exciting :thumbsup:

We are doing this with the kitchen/diner after xmas :thumbsup:

breezy
08-11-2010, 06:17 PM
brilliant hope it all goes well and cross your legs while the works going on:laughing:

Hebs
08-11-2010, 06:21 PM
brilliant hope it all goes well and cross your legs while the works going on:laughing:

Can use neighbours loo hahaha x

sweets
08-11-2010, 06:24 PM
i had my dining room plastered last week, the room i use for minding :rolleyes: took 3 days as all the plaster had to come off as damp course needed doing.

me and mindees camped out at a friends for the few days as was very messy! lol

cabby
08-11-2010, 06:29 PM
weve just started our lounge, its the first room to be started since we moved in :clapping: so far the new french doors have been ordered, small brick wall t v unit thingy has been taken out, brick chimny breast has been plaster boarded over, gas plasma fire has been plummed in, double doors in to dining room have started to be turned into a single door :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: and wall paper has been chosen:thumbsup:

still got to have ceiling artexed, walls skimmed, doors fitted, carpet laid, decorated and all hopefully before christmas:eek: :eek: :eek:

sweets
08-11-2010, 06:34 PM
weve just started our lounge, its the first room to be started since we moved in :clapping: so far the new french doors have been ordered, small brick wall t v unit thingy has been taken out, brick chimny breast has been plaster boarded over, gas plasma fire has been plummed in, double doors in to dining room have started to be turned into a single door :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: and wall paper has been chosen:thumbsup:

still got to have ceiling artexed, walls skimmed, doors fitted, carpet laid, decorated and all hopefully before christmas:eek: :eek: :eek:

wow that sounds a big job! have to ask tho why are you having your ceiling artexed? i would just have it skimmed.

cabby
08-11-2010, 07:04 PM
it is a big job. and the whole house needs doing:rolleyes:
i would like the ceiling skimmed, but my OH wants it artexing and as im getting everything else done the way i want i gave in an that one:D

hebs in our old house we took the wall down between the toilet and bathroom and it was one of the best things we did, it made a hugh difference:thumbsup:

sweets
08-11-2010, 07:11 PM
i actually dont mind artex, its painting the stuff i dont like :laughing: takes ages and is very messy as paint splatters everywhere :panic:

SaijaM
08-11-2010, 08:22 PM
Can use neighbours loo hahaha x

You have nice neighbours :)
Good luck for tomorrow!!

xx

babs
08-11-2010, 08:44 PM
we have just finished our living room... i hate the mess had sofa delivered on saturday and now the floor has to come up this weekend arhhhhhhhhhhhhh not looking forward to it.... good luck to all who are decorating at the moment..

Ripeberry
08-11-2010, 08:49 PM
Hope it all goes well :) I'm getting exited about possibly getting a brand new bathroom upstairs with proper tiles!
The current bathroom is in such a state I don't allow visitors to use it, let alone see it.
Very 1960's and everything is mismatched :(
Had a quote and it will cost at least £4,000 to do, but it's got to be done.

Hebs
09-11-2010, 05:55 PM
OMG the mess :panic: :panic: :panic:

who's clever idea was it?? :laughing:

but seriously, the bathroom looks SO much bigger :clapping:

TheBTeam
09-11-2010, 08:52 PM
We are having our bathroom done in January, i cant wait to be away with all the pink and have a white suite!

Next then is the living room, hall, stairs and landing, that will be a huge job, really want the 18 rolls of wallpaper stripped and the lot re plastered so that we can paint it, but thinking that will be huge money!