PDA

View Full Version : stuck !!!!!!!!!!

steph123
06-11-2010, 03:52 PM
i have finished my reg forms and have to send the fire checklist away but do i need to have everything in place eg. saftey gates, saftey plugs ect for the fire inspection or do they things not matter until the care commision inspection any replys would be much appreciated xxxx

sarah707
06-11-2010, 05:34 PM
You need to know in your head how you will keep children of different ages safe in your house.

Until you know what ages of children you are going to be looking after it is a little unwise to start buying equipment - unless of course you see it cheaply at a sale and snap up a bargain.

Hth :D

Gizmo
06-11-2010, 05:51 PM
hiya I never had a fire inspection, its not done through the CC I had to phone the fire officer to confirm that I had smoke alarms and and they were wired to the mains.
I wouldnt buy anything yet either wait until you have had your 1st CC inspection and they can advise you what you need, I had stair gates and socket covers on for my own kids anyway, best place to buy your safety equipment is Ikea.
If you need any more help please let me know :thumbsup:

arly
09-11-2010, 02:39 PM
I done my fire safety check list and sent it away, i never received any information from them but they contacted CC to say they had received my checklist and were happy with it and would just do a pop in when down in my area. You dont need to have everything in place but just know in your head want you want and that should be enough for them, you dont need anything until you have children started. :)