PDA

View Full Version : DID ANYONE GET WET AT THEIR BONFIRE PARTY TONIGHT?

angeldelight
05-11-2010, 10:14 PM
It was a total wash out here

Has not stopped anyone though

Pouring and still is

What about you , did you get wet ? Have you had a good time

Angel xx

charleyfarley
05-11-2010, 10:36 PM
Didn't stop us as ours was last week, a joint one with halloween and we got to watch it from the warmth of our house. Yes the local pub is that close :laughing:

Charley got bored after a few minutes so we shut the door and carried on watching X Factor :laughing:

Not heard a single firework going off here tonight!!

Carol xx

angeldelight
05-11-2010, 10:41 PM
Didn't stop us as ours was last week, a joint one with halloween and we got to watch it from the warmth of our house. Yes the local pub is that close :laughing:

Charley got bored after a few minutes so we shut the door and carried on watching X Factor :laughing:

Not heard a single firework going off here tonight!!

Carol xx

Lucky you Carol they are still going off here

Poor Leanne got really wet too

Angel xx

LOOPYLISA
05-11-2010, 11:08 PM
Been in the cosy warm :-)

heard some but tbh they get on my nerves now !! Must be getting old :-)

jellybean cc
05-11-2010, 11:10 PM
We were so lucky our town display was at the rugby club just out of town, we got a bus there but had to walk back, which took 45 minutes. We had only been in about 5 minutes when it poured down, could not believe how lucky we had been

Fire was big and warm, fireworks were brilliant and the sky was clear.

miffy
05-11-2010, 11:11 PM
It's been very quiet round here, hardly any fireworks going off.

Not sure about the bonfires, it's dry now but it chucked down earlier so unless they were covered they would have been very wet.

Miffy xx

PixiePetal
06-11-2010, 12:01 AM
Just got back from our town celebrations in Lewes - very busy as usual and the weather held off (raining now)

DD has started putting pics on her FB so will have a look in the morning.

Off to wish DS a happy 14th birthday now - he likes to see it in on bonfire and have a present around midnight :)

IndigoMoon
06-11-2010, 08:59 AM
I didn't go to one and didn't have fireworks either and it stayed dry, lol!

Bought some last year and it rained so most of them are still in the shed - no idea how I should get rid of them... :blush:

singingcactus
06-11-2010, 09:33 AM
It stayed dry here :)

tinkerbelle
06-11-2010, 01:42 PM
we didnt get wt but did endup in hospital as my dumb ass partner fell straight on top of the fire trying to swing a pallett onto it luckily he hasnt suffered any damage only ruined his trainers but it ended our celebrations

mrs_scottydog
06-11-2010, 03:11 PM
Our village display is tonight, so fingers crossed for the dry weather of today to continue. Apparently the field at the farm is really muddy from yesterdays rain. Hoping my DS will be well enough to go, he was sick all through the night otherwise we'll be staying in. Hx

Twinkles
06-11-2010, 04:33 PM
There's a display on tonight but my kids don't want to go :(

DD says she's got too much work to do - What you're a teacher what can you possibly find to do out of school hours ??

DS 3 says if only me and dad are going he doesn't want to go *hff*

I want grandchildren and I want them NOW !!!