PDA

View Full Version : Just when I thought it was all going so well

MissTinkerbell
11-04-2008, 12:32 PM
..a spanner is thrown into the works :mad:

When I had the pre-reg last week she said that as everything was in order I should get my certificate through in a couple of weeks.

So I started advertising, etc, filled in the NCMA forms for insurance to start May 6th; bought shelving units, storage boxes and rearranged my toy cupborad to make it more accessible. Really getting organised ready for that first phone call.

Arrived home from the school run this morning to see A4 brown envelope on the floor with Ofsted on it. So excited as I thought it was my cert :) but no it was addressed to hubby - he needs a SSAFA check - even though I ticked the box that said he hasn't served overseas in the last 5 years (last time was May 2001 in Iraq) :mad:

Anyone any idea a SSAFA check takes - have heard in typical MOD style that it takes ages?

Blaze
11-04-2008, 01:07 PM
Sorry can't help!
Blaze:)

Monkey1
11-04-2008, 01:09 PM
Nore me on that one x

Hopscotch
11-04-2008, 01:10 PM
well it may not take as long as you think, when i was getting my crb done mine took longer than someone who was living in france for 5 years so hopefully if all the paperwork is in order not too long.:thumbsup:
Bev x

Twinkles
11-04-2008, 01:11 PM
Sorry didn't want to just ignore your post but I have no idea. Why don't you call them just to double check that he does really need one as he hasn't served overseas for so long.

MissTinkerbell
11-04-2008, 01:36 PM
I think I will ring Ofsted because I've just realised.. he didn't fill in a CM2 because he had already done a DC2 and is Ofsted registered as part of the nursery. Surely if he is Ofsted registered already they shouldn't need to do it again?

sarah707
11-04-2008, 01:37 PM
Go for it! :D Let us know what they say...

littlesprogs
11-04-2008, 01:40 PM
My hubby has never served overseas and me and him had to have ssafa checks all military have to have them done.

Ours took as long as the CRBS they were really slow but once hubby started chasing it up it went through quicker.

Rubybubbles
11-04-2008, 01:42 PM
the ssaffa check take ages (sorry)

But my hubby never had one done:p not sure why but I kept quite about it after hearing how long it takes some people (hehe)

MissTinkerbell
11-04-2008, 01:50 PM
:mad: just the news I didn't want to hear!

I'm still going to give them a ring though - it just doesn't make sense with him already being regsitered with Ofsted.

Banana
11-04-2008, 02:11 PM
Hope the checks dont take too long

what a pain!

x

MissTinkerbell
11-04-2008, 03:27 PM
:clapping: Good news.

Seems as though SSAFA check is nothing to do with my childminding application.

Hubby hadn't filled his SSAFA form in when he registered with Ofsted for the nursery. My application for childminding flagged up the fact that he hadn't done it, so they've sent one out and it will have no bearing on my application.

Panic over so I'm a happy bunny again:laughing:

angeldelight
11-04-2008, 05:56 PM
That is great news - glad you got it sorted in the end

Angel xx

breezy
11-04-2008, 07:01 PM
I love a happy ending! :jump for joy:

cuddlybunny38
11-04-2008, 07:22 PM
Good luck with everything

bruneibabe
11-01-2010, 10:50 AM
I think I will ring Ofsted because I've just realised.. he didn't fill in a CM2 because he had already done a DC2 and is Ofsted registered as part of the nursery. Surely if he is Ofsted registered already they shouldn't need to do it again?

i thought as i was already crb checked for fs1 i would be okay but my stuff took longer to come back than my hubbys..its just needless form filling in and just more stress for us would be childminders..im the only one here and have no one else to bounce ideas off, im doing the icp online..alone...it makes me shiver just looking at the paperwork, im sorry i went off on a tangent, i just know how you feel, sometimes it doesnt seem worth it..good luck with a quick registration..mine took 6 months!!

singingcactus
11-01-2010, 06:37 PM
Just in case, ssafa didn't take long for us at all and we did have an overseas tour included.

Carpet Monkeys
11-01-2010, 07:16 PM
Our SSAFA check took about 4-5 weeks, and that's with us having lived in Singapore for 3 years. But reading back looks as though you've got it sorted now. Good Luck

TheBTeam
11-01-2010, 08:30 PM
Glad to hear all is okay in the end!

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
11-01-2010, 08:49 PM
I lived in Germany for 5 years and my hubby for 11 years (hubby is in the army) we then moved back to the UK and i registered as a childminder and we both had to have saffa checks done.

Ofsted gave me my certificate before i got my saffa clearance as mine and hubbys crbs had come back and they said that was what they needed, which was good as my saffa checks took 3 months!!