PDA

View Full Version : FRIDAY - BONFIRE NIGHT

angeldelight
05-11-2010, 08:07 AM
Morning Everyone

Cold here and rain forcast - typical bonfire night weather

But its FRIDAY :jump for joy: :jump for joy:

What you all doing today

Anyone going to a bonfire party later or tomorrow - if so be careful and have fun

Hope you all have a great day

Angel xx

solly
05-11-2010, 08:26 AM
The weather is drizzly here, My children are not interested in bonfire, i think they are a bit old for it now especially to go with their mum.

I have 1 LO who doesn't do many outings with mum as she is on her own with 5 kids, so I am taking him to Treasure Chest (soft play) bless him when i take him places his face lights up and its lovely to see he is nearly 3:)

Tinglesnark
05-11-2010, 08:32 AM
The boys, dp and i went to our local display last night and it was lovely! we were home by 8.30 but still had a great time on the funfair rides, watching the fireworks and drinking cocoa! i was VERY releived to notice that the huge bonfire had been lit from one side only! i can never go too close to bonfires because i HATE to see little furries scuttling away from their home :(

please, anyone lighting bonfires, do rememeber to poke about in the pile to wake up the little furries and light ONLY ONE SIDE to give them a chance to escape

:thumbsup:

PixiePetal
05-11-2010, 08:40 AM
It is THE night of the year in Lewes. Looking forward to it - check it on Google :thumbsup:

Working till 4 then getting a lift to town as roads close not long after that. Kids will meet me after school/college as they are in town already. Going to a friends as we moved to a village a few miles away, then out to watch the nights events :clapping:

Have a good time everyone and keep safe :thumbsup:

Toothfairy
05-11-2010, 09:23 AM
Morning everyone.

Day off today, we're decorating the Kitchen, nothing major just a lick of paint to freshen it up before xmas.

We are off to the school fireworks tonight weather permitting.

Sunday we are taking my Mum and her partner bowling, he's never been so the kids are going to show him how its done :D

Have a great weekend and stay safe if going to fireworks tonight :thumbsup:

LOOPYLISA
05-11-2010, 09:23 AM
Morning, dark, grey and rainy here

No fireworks or displays here dd is older now and tbh has never liked fireworks, used to be petrified of them, my poor cats though :panic: one hides in our bed :laughing:

A day of housework today for me, have been clearing my nans bungalow out and forgot about my own !

Have a good day everyone and a good weekend x

hayleychildcare
05-11-2010, 09:29 AM
Im not off to an planned bonfires or displays tonight but i have got a few sparklers for the garden.

Ive only got one mindee today and my DS is in bed (aged10) poor little fella has been up all night (says he feels sick but nothing coming out)

So today i am continuing my search of the house for all the white poles (the ones that you use to build the ball pool, wendy house etc) as mine have all gone missing :eek:

Have a great day everyone and stay safe:thumbsup:

SaijaM
05-11-2010, 01:26 PM
Hi Angel!

I've had a busy day with my dd, but no mindees today as they are ill...
Been to the park.. then playgroup and then CM meeting with my coordinator.. She asked if I wanted to run a CM group as she's heard good things about me (.. or maybe no-one else wants to do it! he heee), so I've agreed, I'm so excited :) I love to run groups etc organise things.

Anyhow, not sure what the evening brings.. probably just relaxing at home.. I feel lazy .. I just want some wine. :D

School day for me tomorrow in our Finnish school, st. albans :thumbsup:

xx

singingcactus
05-11-2010, 02:50 PM
The weather is quite nice here, bit blustery but fairly mild and mostly dry :) . We are going to a firework display this evening, followed by tescos :(
Tomorrow we are taking my boys and their friend to the falconry so they can get to meet the birds they will be working with. I'm secretly hoping to get stuck in traffic coming home through one of the villages because they are supposed to be having a musical extravaganza firework display :thumbsup: . I've made some nice curried veggie soup and cheese bread to have with us, just in case, so we can stay warm.