PDA

View Full Version : Nursery poss telling lies :-S

clio0602
04-11-2010, 05:07 PM
Hi first I just want to apologise for no paragraphs as doing from phone. I just wanted your opinions and its prob nothing but just got to me so wondered what everyone else thought. Dd 2.5yr has been potty trained for a month now but stil has nappy on for nap. I have just picked her up and she is wearing a wet nappy! I asked her why and she said they forgot to take it off. Ok so I ring nursery to ask if she had been having accidents today as she had come home with wet nappy on. key worker said oh I don't think so, no i'll just check with v so after about 5min v comes on phone and says dd had a few wet accidents and they put nappy on to play outside as she forgets to ask for toilet. Fair enough I say ok no prob. I then realise she has same underwear and tights on that she went it so no accidents and dd says they never played outside today as it was raining. I would rather they told me they'd forgotten about nappy after nap than lie to me and poor dd has been in wet nappy since 12 when book says she woke up :@ am I overreacting?

snufflepuff
04-11-2010, 05:13 PM
hmm....sounds a bit suspect to me. I'd ask to speak to the managers. I'd be asking them if their staff lie about this (something that is just a mistake and you could have accepted) what else are they lying about? How can you trust them?

Not saying they are lying about anything serious of course, don't want to worry you. just something to put to the managers and see how they deal with it.

gigglinggoblin
04-11-2010, 05:16 PM
Have you read the news about the investigation into the nursery where Vanessa George worked? With news like that at the moment they should be very careful about telling lies and I would definately tell the manager. Just make sure she knows the issue is the lie and not the nappy, not that the nappy isnt a bit of a problem but I am assuming this isnt an everyday occurence?

Trouble
04-11-2010, 05:22 PM
you should go and confront them it will make them think and know that you are watching them :angry:

and yes i would be cross

clio0602
04-11-2010, 05:22 PM
I know thats terrible. I love this nursery only 12 children max and am just disappointed that they'd feel the need to lie. I thought we had a good relationship obviously not :-(

Trouble
04-11-2010, 05:24 PM
if there is only 12 children why cant they keep an eye on your daughter to make sure she has regular wee s

they cant be bothered more like:angry:

michellethegooner
04-11-2010, 05:27 PM
thats those sound a bit iffy

I have a mindee 3 days a wk, mum sends her to nursery (she is deputy manager) on a Tues as she is at uni

while back she was fuming as 'A' hadn't been changed since 11am was picked up at 5.30pm :eek: mum went ballistic at .. well her staff, mum didn't tell me it was Dad :rolleyes:

So it DOES happen

I would say something tbh

Tinglesnark
04-11-2010, 05:28 PM
if there is only 12 children why cant they keep an eye on your daughter to make sure she has regular wee s

they cant be bothered more like:angry:

i agree, i would be livid too. good luck at finding out x