PDA

View Full Version : Is this ok ???

1michelle
03-11-2010, 10:31 PM
Me again
still not sure on this eyfs and where to put observations .can you let me know your thought on the following ob I took today and weather I have covered the right areas. thanks

played a game called monkey coconut catch with child and myself when all the balls were caught we all counted are balls to see who had won the game Mindee counted simutaniously from 1-9.

psed= self confidence and self esrteem (Able to share and take turns to some extent, but also selfish at times.)

psed= Dispositions and Attitudes (Show increasing independence in selecting and carrying out activities.)

psrn = counting (Use some number names accurately in play.)

cll = language for communication (Children's understanding of instructions and the questions they ask.)

physical = useing equipment and materials (Engage in activities requiring hand-eye coordination

Dose this look ok ?

sarah707
04-11-2010, 07:47 AM
that looks absolutely fine!

I usually look for one main link to the 6 areas of learning and development...

I know that lots of childminders look for many links so either way is good if it works for you :D

1michelle
04-11-2010, 02:47 PM
Thank you Sarah

feeling a bit more at ease now I know im thinking on the right tracks.

:jump for joy:

CHUNKY MONKEY
06-11-2010, 09:08 PM
Yeh that sounds good, you are getting there :thumbsup:

Vikkileeds
15-11-2010, 08:19 AM
I am currently a nursery nurse and your analysis looks fine but as mentioned above I would only link to one or two areas. I would also only analyse what the child can do and not what they can't do.

Really good links though :)

Andrea08
15-11-2010, 08:55 AM
looks good also im one of the cms that link obs to every aspect it covers and not just one or two areas.. if they learn holistic (sp) i ob and record the same way, xx

1michelle
24-02-2011, 10:17 PM
Hi
Just like to say thanks to you all for your wonderful support and advice this site is fab

obs coming along nicely now to.

cheers
Michelle :thumbsup: