PDA

View Full Version : New mindee after christmas

jus
03-11-2010, 06:58 PM
Hi All,
I'll be having a new mindee after christmas mum's going back to work, This is my last space taken for under 5's :) . He'll be coming to me Tue,Wed,Thur 9am till 5pm &
Fri 9am till 3pm. I've sorted contract out for this mindee
£3.50 per hour x 30 = £105.00 aweek.

He as older brother who his 7yrs old and mum asked me if he would be able to attened during school holiday's, I've said it's ok. As one mindee I have is term time only and they pay me half fee to keeps his place during school holiday's if I'm working.

I know i'll have to do contract for him but would I just put school Holiday's on contract.
should I give mum discount during school holiday's with having both of them what would you do.

Hope someone can help
Thanks jus:thumbsup:

Goatgirl
03-11-2010, 07:17 PM
Hi :),
That's brilliant to have filled your last space - :thumbsup:

Yes, just write school holidays only on the contract. Maybe check what they actually are and write that on, as they may vary between schools..? Make sure what they think is school holiday time is the same as what you think is school holiday time...

I personally wouldn't offer a sibling discount in this situation. How desperately do you need the work and have parents asked for one? If you're not desperate and they haven't mentioned it, I'd just charge full price and guage their reaction... so you can think about offering a small reduction if you feel its worth it and be ready with what you're prepared to accept should they go a funny colour at the quote :D

Hope it goes well for you.

bws,
Wendy

Chimps Childminding
03-11-2010, 07:34 PM
I wouldn't offer a discount unless they ask - as it is one of your under 8's spaces he will be needing.

Only thing I would say is - can you still fit in the mindee that is term time only if required during the holidays, as well as the new one?? If you can't I don't think you can charge a retainer if you won't have the space available.

jus
03-11-2010, 08:06 PM
Hi,
I have room for mindee ?
The term time mindee 7 years old been minding him 3 years Know parents are teachers and never had him during school holiday's? He say's me and my husband are his second mum & dad :blush:. But he's a :littleangel:

Thanks jus

Chimps Childminding
03-11-2010, 08:37 PM
Works out well then :thumbsup: I wouldn't mention a discount unless they ask for one though!

jus
03-11-2010, 08:43 PM
Hi Carolyn,

Thank you for replies:thumbsup:

If mum dosn't mention discount then I won't ask.:D

Thanxs jus