PDA

View Full Version : advice needed again please

chels55
11-04-2008, 07:59 AM
As i said in another thread i have a lady coming to see me about her three children starting in june.
I hope you dont mind me asking but not sure what to do.
She has told me tax credits will pay 80% of her childcare.
If she decides to take a place how much retainer/deposit would i ask for?It works out about £265 per week or £1060 per 4 weekly with the hours she gave me and cant ask for that in advance as she hasnt worked for a year and it seems way too much, (I know i couldnt afford it if i were in her position) or will the tax credits help with this.
Im really tempted not to ask for anything but i know i could be stung at last minute by keeping a place open if she changes her mind

Also would i do individual contracts for each child or just use one as they are a family

angeldelight
11-04-2008, 08:06 AM
The cost of minding the 3 of them is going to be high

She will not recieve tax credits until you give her your registration number - so my advise would be not to give her that till at least 2 weeks before the start date of minding for her
The reason being is that lots of parents are trying to con the system and claim tax credits with out having the minding

I am not trying to scare you before you have even started - just be aware of these type of people

Not sure when she is coming to see you but I think I would ask for £100 deposit before the end of April for you to keep this place open
It will be none refundable if she changes her mind get her to sign something so she agrees and understands this. It will come off the first month minding

I would prob ask for monthly payments once she starts because I know this is how the tax credits pay also in advance the first one being on the starting date

I would make it clear it takes about 2 weeks for tax credits to be sorted out so she must still pay in advance on the starting day even if her tax credits are not sorted ( that is her problem and not yours )

You leave yourself wide open if you do not take a deposit because say if she changes her mind where does that leave you come June?
At least if shes paid you £100 she is very unlikely to let you down because she would not want to lose that type of money

Sorry if this sounds a little harsh but its not

It is your business and your money

Good luck hope you get the job

Angel xx

crazybones
11-04-2008, 08:09 AM
I agree with Angel. Good luck. :D

sarah707
11-04-2008, 08:10 AM
I agree with Angel...

Oh and... each child is unique! Individual permissions, contracts, personal details... everything! :D

angeldelight
11-04-2008, 08:11 AM
I use individual contracts for each child even if they are from the same family

Angel xx

chels55
11-04-2008, 08:21 AM
Great advice again thankyou
I will let you know how i get on Wednesday

Pipsqueak
11-04-2008, 08:24 AM
Good luck and I hope all goes well - fingers crossed for you

littletreasures
11-04-2008, 08:38 AM
Angel given good advice.

Good luck

littletreasures

Noodles
11-04-2008, 09:00 AM
I would use a contract for each of the children and if parent is eligible to claim childcare costs it will be paid weekly to her if this is what she asks for:)

Mollymop
11-04-2008, 09:10 AM
As Angel says....and good luck XX