PDA

View Full Version : school photos fees

Mookins
02-11-2010, 08:55 AM
can people please tell me how much they are being charged for school photos and what sizes they include?

hubbys been aproached to do photos for a pre school and we havent a clue what to charge, was thinking or doing a few package ideas and what ever sales we donate some to the pre school...seems only fair

many thanks

xxx

singingcactus
02-11-2010, 09:24 AM
Our school charged us £26 for a 7x5, two even smaller shots and a classroom shot.
Couldn't get any other options, couldn't buy online and they don't come mounted. Oh, and they took over a month to arrive, and they deleted one of my twin boys off the system (apparently cos they look the same I don't need a pic of both of them). Can you tell I am steaming.
If you look on the tempest website (http://www.htempest.co.uk/) - a much better school photo group - you could get to see some of their prices and options.

tinkerbelle
02-11-2010, 11:02 AM
we have tempest i paid £20 and got 1 large think its 10x8 2 medium 8x6 4 small 7x5 4 bookmarks and 4 wallett sized best ones iv found price and package wise

FussyElmo
02-11-2010, 12:14 PM
The person who does our pre school and toddler group charges £8 for a 7x5, £10 for a 8x6 and £12 for a 10x8. He usually gives us a choice of fout photos and if you spend over £25 you get a free keyring of the photo of you choice.

He doesnt do a package as such but does do quite well out of the parents because they are so reasonabley prices.

We have had tempest before and they were so expensive and we decided to go to an independent one :thumbsup:

louise
02-11-2010, 02:02 PM
I can't remember how much ds preschool one was. It was a lovely natural black and white one taken while he played.
We have just paid for the school one. The set i choose was £19.00 it was a 8x10 2 5x7 4 4x3(i think) and 4 wallet prints. What i liked was that this year you had the choice of two prints one shoulders one from the lap up. I would like the option of black and white as i prefer them.

charleyfarley
02-11-2010, 02:14 PM
We have Tempest too at our school and they are taking the photos on Thursday so I can let you know the prices then :thumbsup: They do have various different packages though.

Carol xx

PixiePetal
02-11-2010, 02:24 PM
School photos are way too expensive and SO posed :rolleyes:

My fave pics were done when DD was at playgroup and I took DS in to have them with her. The photographer took pics through the morning, playing alongside the kids and some sitting on a comfy chair. By the end of the morning he had got them all, the pics are black and white and BEAUTIFUL. So natural. :thumbsup: :)

Mookins
02-11-2010, 02:39 PM
thanks for all the replies people...really chuffed for hubby, hes been working so hard with his photogrphy since having his back op as he cant yet go back to work...fingers crossed this will bring in some pennies before xmas:)

love the ideas of black and white and pictures whilst they play for more naturalpose

will suggest when he gets off the phone to bank manager:eek:

xxxx

caz3007
02-11-2010, 02:52 PM
My DS also had some done at nursery in black and white and whilst playing and they were brilliant. This was from an independant guy and much cheaper than the school ones. TBH we dont like DS's latest school one and even the cheapest option is over a tenner

HomefromHome
02-11-2010, 02:58 PM
only had the class ones and they were a tenner. the photographer last year couldnt get my dd to smile properly! how hard it is? pretend to fall over, pretend to hit you head on the camera, anything like that would guarantee laughter from a bunch of 4 yr olds! teacher was fuming, i was fuming (teachers werent 'allowed' to help!). awful pic. i took my own in the end - much cheaper! i think a lot of these photgrapher for schools are rip offs. think it's braiswick or somat like that - they're in today funnily enough!:rolleyes:

SamBaker
02-11-2010, 03:03 PM
Hi, I bought a cd this year with 12 colour and 12 b/w, same as the colour photos, and that was £50, seemed steep at the time but for the amount of photo's I can print off in different sizes, they were worth it.
I have just had an individual one done and for 8x6, it is £11.95 The photographer was brilliant and took 4 different photos,. really hard to choose from!! lol!

jellybean cc
02-11-2010, 04:51 PM
Just had the sample one of my son at school he is almost 6 and its horrible he is sat on a table and so posed. He has a wonderful smile naturally but in this my husband says he looks like Wallace from Wallace and gromit and i think he looks he needs to sit on the loo. £15 pounds for 2 medium, its a shame but i am not getting one.

Doing it whilst they play and getting it looking naturally sounds great .

Mcgons
02-11-2010, 05:00 PM
Our school ones are £8.50 for a 7x5 and then upwards for bigger sizes, or 1 image on cd is £16. A pack is £12.00 with 2 pics 5 x 3.5 and 4 pics 3.5 x 2.5.

gigglinggoblin
02-11-2010, 05:28 PM
I paid £8.50 for one from tempest, I hate that I cant get a bigger one tho, would much rather have one big photo than a bunch of little ones. If he can do a variety of sizes he would have made more money from me than tempest did.

gigglinggoblin
02-11-2010, 05:30 PM
Just another thought if he is building up a business - school had an independant photographer the other year at their xmas fair, he had a christmassy back drop and was charging £5 for an A4 photo which he printed off then and there. Fantastic idea, the parents all loved it and I bet him and school both did very nicely out of it.