PDA

View Full Version : Winter Activities

guest2
01-11-2010, 10:30 AM
I am not regisitered yet, but still had loads of fun last night trick or treating, my children made pumkin lanterns and we decorated the porch and had a Goo Bucket with treats in. We are now looking forward to Bonfire Night we will be having a fireworks display and Jacket Potatoes and Treacle Toffee all the neighbours will be there and it will be a great party!!
Did anyone else do anything different this Halloween, living in Lancashire and ten minutes from Pendle Hill we have always made a fuss at this time of year as it is part of our local history and the children enjoy talking about the Pendle Witches!!

:jump for joy:

Pipsqueak
01-11-2010, 01:36 PM
No we didn't do anything special this time round - we made some ghosties, witches and spiders and decorated the playroom.

We have made our fireworks pictures and sparklers

We are doing lots of talking about safety etc

Going to start preparing the Xmas pressie calenders for the kids - get them to choose photos and print out ready to go in the frames/magnets etc.

Through November we have anti bullying week and road safety week - lots going on there and also St Andrews Day.

sarah707
01-11-2010, 05:49 PM
I hardly touched on Halloween this year which is unusual for me.

I suppose it was because of half term and I don't have the same children for the same sessions.

November is going to be busy with fireworks activities and we will be having fun on world hello day http://www.worldhelloday.org/.

Have a nosey round the activity bits of the forum and you will find lots of planning ideas :D