PDA

View Full Version : At a loss as to what to do with DS

Adiamond
31-10-2010, 08:12 PM
Evening everyone hope you are having a good halloween.

I had my DS age 8 1/2 years old he is my youngest, everyone comments on how polite he is and such a good boy????!!!!

He suffers with enurisis and he went through a phase a few months ago of pooping his pants in the day time we went to see the paediatrician but found nothing physically wrong with him other than his enurisis. Anyway fast forward a couple of months we have taken him off his medication for his bedwetting and he is doing really well 14 dry nights out of 20 :) he hasn't pooped his pants for a good couple of months UNTIL this week :(

This is what seems to be happening, when T is in the house we have no problems with his pooping but when he goes out to play (only around our cul-de-sac not too far away) he comes in not straight away though disappears upstairs then shouts me and we have a poop squashed in his undies sorry tmi!!!! it is that bad I have to bin his undies this has happened 4 times in the last 3 days :(

I have tried talking to him about it, I have tried asking him how and why it happens I have also shouted at him :( he is soooo stubborn he won't say anything he just shrugs his shoulders.

This breaks my heart I feel as though we have tried every trick in the book to break this we have tried star charts, 20p in his jar everyday he doesn't poop his pants, taking privaliges (sp) off him, nothing is working and we don't know what else to do.

Has anyone else been through a similar thing? or can offer any advice on ways we can deal with this?
Thank you x x x x x x

sarah707
31-10-2010, 08:15 PM
I can totally understand your frustration and worry ... but as you know punishing him and shouting won't work, especially not if he's a stubborn little man at the best of times.

I'd get him back to the doc and ask for another referral. He may be constipated or need a little help with re-training his muscles.

Hugs to you all xx

Adiamond
31-10-2010, 08:24 PM
Believe me he is sooooo stubborn I think that's what frustrates me the most, I just wish he would explain to me what actually happens I don't know whether he just can't be bothered to come to the loo or he hangs on too long and some comes out. The doc thought he had encopresis aswell as enurisis but he definatley isn't suffering with that.

When it has happens he must feel awful but he honestly doesn't seem bothered by it :(

I am thinking maybe time to back to see the doctor x

claire'scherubs
31-10-2010, 08:24 PM
Ignore it........seriously sounds wrong but this happened with my DS, and once we started ignoring it and told him to sort himself out, it stopped

katieanna
31-10-2010, 09:14 PM
Is it a loose poo? This happened to my daughter and the doctor prescribed movecol. I know its hard but try not to get cross or upset as they can't help it as they have no control. My daughter had never had a problem with pooing or weeing up until this problem and hasn't since taking movecol...Good Luck