PDA

View Full Version : Found my DH lying on the floor!

Ripeberry
31-10-2010, 07:09 PM
I was upstairs sorting out some washing and I heard him come in, after a few minutes thought it a bit strange that he had not come upstairs or even shouted Hi!
Came down to find him lying on his side by the front door (inside), he said that he only just managed to get in before his leg gave way.

Of course I'm going "What's wrong with you, do you need an ambulance?" but he says it's just bad sciatica and it will go in about half and hour.

He is the kind to not want any fussing and he never takes pain killers for anything.

We still had trick and treaters coming to the door so I had to squeeze past him to stand outside to give out sweets....well, how would I explain the 'body' on the floor :rolleyes:

P.S It's getting a bit better now and he has managed to sit up.
But he did give me a fright, especially as our daughters were just sitting on the sofa and had not even TOLD me that dad is lying on the floor!

Chatterbox Childcare
31-10-2010, 07:11 PM
Hope he is okay - get it looked at though

flowerpots
31-10-2010, 07:14 PM
I was upstairs sorting out some washing and I heard him come in, after a few minutes thought it a bit strange that he had not come upstairs or even shouted Hi!
Came down to find him lying on his side by the front door (inside), he said that he only just managed to get in before his leg gave way.

Of course I'm going "What's wrong with you, do you need an ambulance?" but he says it's just bad sciatica and it will go in about half and hour.

He is the kind to not want any fussing and he never takes pain killers for anything.

We still had trick and treaters coming to the door so I had to squeeze past him to stand outside to give out sweets....well, how would I explain the 'body' on the floor :rolleyes:

P.S It's getting a bit better now and he has managed to sit up.
But he did give me a fright, especially as our daughters were just sitting on the sofa and had not even TOLD me that dad is lying on the floor!

i hope he feels alot better soon. thats really funny though that you climbed over him to hand out sweets and the girls just left him there lol

:-)

Hebs
31-10-2010, 07:19 PM
eeeeeeeeeeeee i'm really sorry but i'm proper LOL here
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

so funny

glad he is ok tho xx

LOOPYLISA
31-10-2010, 07:26 PM
Ouch :(

I have a hubby like this he could be bleeding to death and he would still say he's ok !!

IndigoMoon
31-10-2010, 07:28 PM
Ouch! I feel for him, my mum gets this and so do I and it's agony! Hope he feels better soon x

PS you could have wrapped him in bandages and used him as a prop ;) :laughing: :eek:

Pipsqueak
31-10-2010, 07:33 PM
oh poor Mr Ripe. :panic: Bri's back 'go's' as well and I will often find him in odd positions round the house.

As to explaining him I would have squirted some ketchup on, wrapped in bandages, bit of green makeup....... and prodded his back every so often so he let out a roar at the trick/treaters lol

angeldelight
31-10-2010, 07:39 PM
Glad he is a bit better

Angel xx

Carol M
31-10-2010, 07:44 PM
Oh dear!
Hope he's back on his feet soon!
Fraid it made me giggle too:blush: Images of trying to open the door with a body in the way:laughing: Tell him , Brill trick for the trick or treaters :thumbsup:
Carol xx

Ripeberry
31-10-2010, 08:47 PM
Thanks all, he is much better but is having an early night, he had a look at this thread and had a giggle about being used as a prop :laughing: