PDA

View Full Version : anyone had a Renault Espace (old model)

kindredspirits
31-10-2010, 02:53 PM
Looking at getting a 1993 Renault Espace - its a 2.1td - anyone got any good/bad opinions of them.
I did win a Toyota Estima a few weeks ago - but went to collect it and found the head gasket had gone :rolleyes:
I absolutely love the look of the inside and its a great price but i've never really heard much about them either way, although dh assures me than renault make the worlds best diesel engines :huh:

ajs
31-10-2010, 03:06 PM
mine was an m reg petrol automatic and i loved it until things started to go very wrong and cost me lots to repair
can't tell you much about the engine but hubby used to say it was like driving a sofa on wheels
i got rid 2 yrs ago after 7 yrs and bought a grand scenic

Chimps Childminding
31-10-2010, 09:27 PM
We have had 2 in the past! One petrol and one diesel. OK till they go wrong, then they can be expensive and apparently are a "b****r" to get to things in the engine - not my problem I'm not the mechanic :D

Have to say I prefer the seat set up in the Espace to my Zafira I have now!! It was much easier getting kids in and out of the car - right pain now as you can't move the middle row when you have child seats fitted to them so its difficult to get mindees in and out of the boot - wish I had known that :angry: