PDA

View Full Version : Help with parents pack, portfolio ect, please!

Trpta108
30-10-2010, 10:39 AM
What do you put in your parent pack? Do they take it home or read it at your house? Do you have a brochure? What is in your portfolio? Do you keep policies in seperate folder? Do the parents get copies to keep? I am trying to work out my paperwork before my pre-reg visit on Tuesday. Please help!:)

candy cat
30-10-2010, 10:43 AM
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES

FEE PAGE
ANY FORMS TO FILL AND ALL ABOUT ME FORM

BUT THEY ONLY GET THIS ONCE A DEPOSIT AS BEEN TAKEN.......DON'T GIVE THEM OUT TO JUST ENQUIRIES AS A LOT OF WORK GOES INTO THEM. CX

Toothfairy
30-10-2010, 02:50 PM
This is what I put in my Parent pack which they get to take home with them. If they then come back to sign contracts, they are given a disc with all my policies/procedues & permission slips and a sheet listing them all which the parents sign to say they have read & agree to abide by.

My Welcome Pack/Parent Information pack includes;

* A brief outline on myself, my background, my qualifications, my family, my contact details etc.
* My mission statement
* Hours of work & Fees (includes types of payments excepted, settling in period, sickess policy, termination of contract)
* House rules
* A typical day at my setting
* Activities & daily diaries
* Copy of my long term planning for that year
* Information for parents about EYFS
* A list of all my policies & prcedures (they are given in full to the parents when signing contracts)
* Healthy Packed Lunch ideas (I don't provide meals)
* Who supplies what sheet (nappies, sun block etc)
* Useful telephone numbers (Ofsted, NCMA, CFIC)
* Equal Opportunity policy
* Safeguarding Children Policy
* Complaints policy & procedure

Chatterbox Childcare
30-10-2010, 06:27 PM
I just talk my way through everything and then if they want copies I will email them. They get copies of all signed documentation when they sign up

buffy123
31-10-2010, 11:26 AM
Hi everyone.

I have my fee's and working hours in my pack. Im not too sure if it should stay in there though.

ChocolateChip
31-10-2010, 01:05 PM
I have a portfolio which I give them to browse through while i make a tea/ coffee, comprising of about me and my family, my home, things we do in the setting, a few sample policies, copies of my insurances and mine and oh's crb, sample meals, etc, (please pm me if you'd like a comprehensive list).

Then I have my policies in another ringbinder which are set out to ECM, you don't have to do this. Again I leave this out for parents to browse at a first meeting.
On signing contracts I have a set of 'core policies', the ones you must have and I get them to read them then and there and sign a form to say they have read and understood them.

I don't have a brochure at the moment, I tend to just talk things through about what we do, what I provide and what the parents need to provide, but am thinking of doing one.

I am in the process of working on a parent pack which I will only give out on signing, it is basically going to contain some quick reference info sheets, i.e. what I will tell you, what you need to tell me, what I/ you need to provide, current price list, etc. and it will have ALL my policies in. I have found in the past that I gave the parents the choice of having a copy of my policies but issues seem to crop up, so I am going down the route now that they will all have a copy of each policy which is relevant to their child, so no more excuses and misunderstandings!

Don't forget you don't have to have that all in place for your pre-reg, just an idea of what you are going to do, a few samples if you have time, but she will want to see your risk assessment, and hear some ideas of what activities and resources you are going to provide- again you don't have to have it by Tuesday, just ideas.
Hth :)

Dizzy Ducklings
01-11-2010, 09:38 PM
My Welcome Pack/Parent Information pack includes;

* A brief outline on myself, my background, my qualifications, my family, my contact details etc.
* My mission statement
* Hours of work & Fees (includes types of payments excepted, settling in period, sickess policy, termination of contract)
* House rules
* A typical day at my setting
* Activities & daily diaries
* Copy of my long term planning for that year
* Information for parents about EYFS
* A list of all my policies & prcedures (they are given in full to the parents when signing contracts)
* Healthy Packed Lunch ideas (I don't provide meals)
* Who supplies what sheet (nappies, sun block etc)
* Useful telephone numbers (Ofsted, NCMA, CFIC)
* Equal Opportunity policy
* Safeguarding Children Policy
* Complaints policy & procedure

What sort of things do you have in your healthy packed lunch ideas? :o

Toothfairy
03-11-2010, 08:38 PM
This is what I have in my portfolio regarding Healthy Eating.