PDA

View Full Version : A mum asked to book a visit!!!

keeks
29-10-2010, 07:59 PM
Hi, sorry, it's me again... :blush:

Just wanted to share that I've had an enquiry for a 21 month old boy one full day a week, starting January. Mum is keen on coming to visit and I am super excited! I know it's only one day, but most of the parents in my area want part time spaces so thinking I'll be able to fill out a bit.

Happy days!!!
xxx

Ripeberry
29-10-2010, 08:04 PM
Well done! Great when they start calling. I've got a 10 month old starting in a couple of weeks for two 4 hour days and it does not even involve any school runs which is a bonus.
Also had a visit today from someone wanting care for next September, we'll just keep in touch for now and she'll pay a retainer if I start getting short of spaces :thumbsup:
Also an existing parent's second son may be starting with me a bit earlier than planned in April.
It's true about it all coming along at once :)

Mookins
29-10-2010, 08:20 PM
:clapping: :clapping:

excellent news hun

xx

sarah707
29-10-2010, 09:33 PM
All mine are part timers and they slot in with each other.

The only thing I would caution is that one day is not always helpful for the child, especially if s/he has trouble settling.

take it slowly, get lots of info and make sure you write a 4 week settling in period into your contract so you can be sure it is working for everyone.

Good luck!! :D

keeks
29-10-2010, 10:01 PM
Thanks guys!

Sarah, thanks for advice. I have had this problem in the past with two different children at nursery. One settled better after adding another day, the other unfortunately never settled and parents decided nursery wasn't for him.

We have got many who do settle fine with one day though, I'm hoping this will be one of them. :thumbsup:

xx