PDA

View Full Version : RIP my lovely nana

LOOPYLISA
29-10-2010, 03:20 PM
My lovely nana passed away this morning :(

We passed her house on our way home from our holiday , saw the black ambulance coming out her road and just had a awful feeling, looked further to see
my dads car and a police car, I just knew she had gone :(

I am gutted , well that's a understatement, dd is inconsolable , hubs is being a star bless him ...

I've never lost anyone close to me before it's horrible:(

I'm going to miss her loads x

maryp0ppins
29-10-2010, 03:23 PM
Oh my goodness Lisa, so sorry to hear your sad news......my thoughts are with you& all the family......stay strong

xxxxxxxxx

~Chelle~
29-10-2010, 03:31 PM
So sorry to hear that Lisa, glad you have a lovely hubby to help you and E through this.

Sending lots of love and hugs xxx

Twinkles
29-10-2010, 03:33 PM
Lisa I'm so sorry for your loss. Big hugs. XX

SaijaM
29-10-2010, 03:36 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss... big hugs coming your way.
I don't really know what to say, but try and stay strong..always remember the good times you shared :)

xx Saija

sarah707
29-10-2010, 03:39 PM
Oh Lisa I'm so sorry.

Hugs xx

little miss chatterbox
29-10-2010, 03:44 PM
awwwww I'm so sorry Lisa, Big hugs coming your way xxx

sue m
29-10-2010, 04:49 PM
Oh Lisa love, what a shock, I am so very sorry.

Big hugs xxxxx

Chatterbox Childcare
29-10-2010, 04:57 PM
Sorry to hear this Lisa. Thoughts are with your family x

Pauline
29-10-2010, 05:19 PM
Well Lisa if I was your Nana I would be so happy to be loved so much by my granddaughter.

It is going to be such a sad time for you but if she slipped away knowing she was so loved then that is a wonderful thing.

Take care and know that we are here for you xxxxxxxxx

Blaze
29-10-2010, 05:19 PM
I'm so very sorry for your loss xxx

Carol M
29-10-2010, 05:25 PM
So sorry Lisa.
Carol xx

LOOPYLISA
29-10-2010, 05:41 PM
Thank you x

I've just had a chat with my mum they had a call from the call centre where my nan's emergency buzzer goes too, this was 4 this morning, my mum and dad race round to find her asking fir a cuppa tea ! Infact 2 cuppa teas !! She then said I'm tired and went back to bed !
Fast forward , my dad had a call from her carer with bad news :( nan had gone on her sleep.
So from what we gather she thought she was in hospital and thought she was ringing the bell for a cuppa :)
she never failed to make us laugh bless her x

Blaze
29-10-2010, 05:44 PM
Oh bless her - think that's actually quite a lovely story...& she went the way that most of us would choose if we could. x

Pauline
29-10-2010, 05:44 PM
Thank you x

I've just had a chat with my mum they had a call from the call centre where my nan's emergency buzzer goes too, this was 4 this morning, my mum and dad race round to find her asking fir a cuppa tea ! Infact 2 cuppa teas !! She then said I'm tired and went back to bed !
Fast forward , my dad had a call from her carer with bad news :( nan had gone on her sleep.
So from what we gather she thought she was in hospital and thought she was ringing the bell for a cuppa :)
she never failed to make us laugh bless her x

That has surely got to be the best way to go. Bless her :)

LisaH
29-10-2010, 05:47 PM
Aw bless her, at least it was peaceful.

Sending you all a hug xx

LOOPYLISA
29-10-2010, 05:53 PM
I just feel so very guilty for not being there as much as I should of been in the last few weeks, I hated seeing her poorly though :(

Thank you all for your kind words, means so much x

miss mopple
29-10-2010, 05:54 PM
so sorry Lisa. Have pm'd you. Look after yourself honey :group hug:

Pauline
29-10-2010, 05:55 PM
I just feel so very guilty for not being there as much as I should of been in the last few weeks, I hated seeing her poorly though :(

Thank you all for your kind words, means so much x

Shed that guilt, it does no good at all and only hurts you. :( You loved her and were there at the times she needed you, that is what matters. :)

nannymcflea
29-10-2010, 06:02 PM
Oh bless you, don't feel guilty, you couldn't have been there 24/7.

She sounded like a lovely fun lady, remember the good times.

Hugs to you and your family. xx

marian
29-10-2010, 06:56 PM
So sorry to hear your news:(

Sending hugs xx

Marian x

Lou
29-10-2010, 07:01 PM
So sorry Lisa, sending you lots of hugs xxx

funemnx
29-10-2010, 07:01 PM
So very sorry to hear your news - no need to feel guilty (although we all do) - our nana went 2 weeeks ago (105!) and because she lived in Hartelpool and we're in Cambridgeshire we didn't see her too often - I'm sure she understood as I'm sure your Nan understood too xxxx

Toothfairy
29-10-2010, 07:13 PM
Bless her.
Sending hugs to you and your family :group hug:

zillervalley
29-10-2010, 07:20 PM
so sorry to hear this news

but hold onto all the lovely memories you have and you and your family will get through this

love and hugs to you all

ziller

Joannechildmind
29-10-2010, 07:51 PM
Oh Lisa im so so sorry, from what you said in your other post she couldn't wait to get home and seems like she waited till she home to be at peace.

Hugs to all the family x x x

charlie potato
29-10-2010, 07:51 PM
I'm so sorry. We all carry guilt when grandma's etc die because we didnt visit as much as we could. The main reason is we are so busy with our own family (children and husband/partner) or it was mine anyway. I'm happy for you that she passed in her sleep and thats how i would want to go. Brought a tear to my eye as we lost my father in law suddenly a yr ago today whilst we were away in blackpool and my grandma a yr in dec on my nephews birthday. Life can be so cruel. much love being sent to you. xxxx :crying:

Ripeberry
29-10-2010, 08:11 PM
So sorry for your loss :( My grandparents are in their 90s now and only live 30 mins away and we try and visit as much as we can. It always seems to cheer them up.
Everytime we visit I keep thinking is this the last time we'll see them?

Chimps Childminding
29-10-2010, 08:12 PM
Hi Lisa, sorry to hear your sad news. It is always hard when someone we love goes, but that is a nice way to go, asleep in your own bed, thats how I would prefer to go.

Take care of yourself and your dd. xx

jelly15
29-10-2010, 08:30 PM
So sorry to hear your sad news.

Monkey1
29-10-2010, 08:59 PM
Oh Hunny, I'm so sorry. May she rest in peace. x

miffy
29-10-2010, 09:08 PM
I'm so, so sorry to hear about your nana.

Thinking of you

Miffy xx

The Juggler
29-10-2010, 09:14 PM
oh honey I'm so sorry, I only read yesterday your thread about how she had come home:( :( sending a big hugx

LOOPYLISA
30-10-2010, 10:47 PM
Thanks everyone x

we went to my nan's bungalow today to sort through some stuff, wow the paperwork:-) , we did have a giggle and a tear at times, dd came too and was fab, she took some bits to remember her by .
It doesn't seem real she's gone :(

Winnie
31-10-2010, 08:46 AM
Sorry to hear your sad news Lisa. Your Nan was lucky to have such a close caring family- wash that guilt away with your tears dear, no need for guilt, just remember the good times. (love the idea of her calling for tea :laughing: )
x

Trouble
31-10-2010, 09:32 AM
sorry to hear about your nana

big hugs xxxxx

ORKSIE
31-10-2010, 11:25 AM
Love and Hugs to you and your family

xx

LOOPYLISA
31-10-2010, 09:52 PM
Thank you again everyone

Been a hard day today, my neighbour knocked on the door this morning and i stood and just burst into tears :( spent most of the day on the sofa, hubs and dd have been fab and did all the shopping :thumbsup:

I also keep thinking about my poor dad, his new grandson was born the same day as nan died :( (his step daughters baby) must be so hard to be happy and sad all at the same time :(

I have got your pm's and i will reply very soon x x x

wendywu
31-10-2010, 10:15 PM
So sorry to hear about your loss of your nan Lisa.

A peaceful way to leave though, bless her.

Lots of TLC needed all round and keep hold in your heart of all those memories.

Luv and hugs xxx

Annie_T
01-11-2010, 07:37 PM
hugs hun

im sorry for your loss hun

xx

LOOPYLISA
02-11-2010, 06:07 PM
Well we have the date for my nans funeral we are having to wait longer as the crematorium is having building works, they were saying some people had their ceremony's as late as 5pm in the evenings and we didn't want that in the dark.

Been sorting out nans place again, its sad but we do have a little giggle along the way iykwim, little things we remember about her makes us laugh!

My mum has been fab, (mum and dad split up when i was little, dads single now) he said to me that my mums been his rock throughout, shes been with him everyday, from the funeral directors to the bank etc, shes fab :thumbsup:

So we are getting there slowly, im not quite sure how im going to cope at nans funeral when the time comes but i will get there im sure, thank you again for your messages, you are all fab x

TheBTeam
03-11-2010, 09:34 PM
Try to get through the funeral the way you are with the bungalow, dont be afraid to smile and laugh at the nice things you remember, and cry for your loss.

I lost my grandad 13 years ago this month and my nan 6 years ago in January and not a week goes by where i dont think of them and miss them, and even now i get teary about it, but they were very important people in my life and it is very hard missing them, but it does get a little easier to laugh and remember the good times.

Just give yourself time and space to remember the good and the sad bits.

LOOPYLISA
10-11-2010, 02:17 PM
Hi everyone, well the funeral is monday :( i am surprisingly feeling ok about it..at the moment!

Nans bungalow is looking very empty, my house however has lots of nans stuff in it :D so nice looking at her bits dotted around the house iykwim :thumbsup:

My dad is not too bad, mums been fab don't know how she remembers everything like she does , i think it will hit them then the keys to the bungalow are handed over in 2 weeks time :(

It just doesnt seem real shes gone :(

Thanks again for your messages, means alot

x

miss mopple
10-11-2010, 02:20 PM
Thanks for the update Lisa, was going to message you to see how you are later so you've beaten me to it.

Will be thinking of you all on Monday.

xx

LOOPYLISA
10-11-2010, 02:22 PM
Thanks for the update Lisa, was going to message you to see how you are later so you've beaten me to it.

Will be thinking of you all on Monday.

xx

Awwwww thank you :thumbsup:

How are you feeling ? x

miss mopple
10-11-2010, 02:30 PM
Pretty rubbish tbh but I'll get there (I hope!). I'm absolutely exhausted, which is odd as I'm sleeping lots, but I guess that's probably just due to feeling low. Some days are better than others (as you probably know yourself) , but just like you said, it still doesn't feel real that he's not here. I think because he lived so far away from me anyway so I didn't see him much I can almost trick myself to believing he's still at the end of the phone. Stupid really as my head knows he's not, but my heart is struggling to let go :(

Oops, rambled a little. Sorry for the hijack :blush

xx

LOOPYLISA
10-11-2010, 02:37 PM
Pretty rubbish tbh but I'll get there (I hope!). I'm absolutely exhausted, which is odd as I'm sleeping lots, but I guess that's probably just due to feeling low. Some days are better than others (as you probably know yourself) , but just like you said, it still doesn't feel real that he's not here. I think because he lived so far away from me anyway so I didn't see him much I can almost trick myself to believing he's still at the end of the phone. Stupid really as my head knows he's not, but my heart is struggling to let go :(

Oops, rambled a little. Sorry for the hijack :blush

xx

Don't be silly you chat away, it is like a dream don't you think ? i wake up and then it hits me :( go to sleep thinking about her too.
I feel shattered today have not stopped all week have just loaded and unloaded the bits my dad is keeping from my nans(i have the big car) and don't mind one bit but phew im tired !
But hey ho life does go on and you have to keep going for the kids, Em has been fab .
You take care of yourself and for what help i can be im here x

miss mopple
10-11-2010, 02:46 PM
Yep, a dream is exactly right. Dad is the last thing on my mind at bedtime and the first in the morning too. I wake up and it feels like a part of me is missing if that makes sense.

But like you, the kids are helping to keep me going.In their minds it's all kind of done and dusted and normality has returned and thats a good thing for them :thumbsup:

We are scattering Dad's ashes at the start of December. Am hoping that will help me with a little bit of closure, knowing he's finally at rest at his chosen place ( a vineyard would you believe. Love his style :laughing: )

Oh well, onwards and upwards for us both :group hug:

Tinglesnark
10-11-2010, 02:46 PM
oh love, im so sorry i posted but it didnt post :(
so sorry for your loss :( its so sad but time will help you to remember her with a smile and the grief will lessen x

LOOPYLISA
10-11-2010, 02:49 PM
Yep, a dream is exactly right. Dad is the last thing on my mind at bedtime and the first in the morning too. I wake up and it feels like a part of me is missing if that makes sense.

But like you, the kids are helping to keep me going.In their minds it's all kind of done and dusted and normality has returned and thats a good thing for them :thumbsup:

We are scattering Dad's ashes at the start of December. Am hoping that will help me with a little bit of closure, knowing he's finally at rest at his chosen place ( a vineyard would you believe. Love his style :laughing: )

Oh well, onwards and upwards for us both :group hug:

:laughing: a vineyard :thumbsup: great :D

My nans are being scattered with her husbands (my grandad) lost him when i was 10 so thats nice :thumbsup:

Take care x

pinklady
10-11-2010, 02:55 PM
So sorry to hear your sad news. Love and prayers to you all x

LOOPYLISA
11-11-2010, 12:23 PM
Maybe a personal question and please feel free to ignore..

My dad has just asked me if i am wanting to go and see my nan tomorrow..

Im not sure to be honest :( i do and i don't do you know what i mean

miss mopple
11-11-2010, 12:33 PM
It's a toughie and only you can decide. I decided not to go and see my Dad (and my sisters did the same). I wanted my last memory of him to be the day he came to visit the week before he died, and him laughing as I told him I was never to old to give him a big kiss and a hug as DD1 wasn't keen on kissing him lol. If I'd been to visit him I think the image of him lying there would have stayed with me and possibly overshadowed my memory of him. He was larger than life, and always full of fun and that's the only way I want to remember him. I don't think he would have wanted me to visit him at the chapel of rest, he was a very practical person and just wouldn't have seen the point in it. He'd have been the first to say ' but that's not me in that box!'

But saying all that, that was my personal decision and for me it was the right one. I'm sure many people would think differently and would want to see their loved ones at peace. Its a very individual decision I think :group hug:

kindredspirits
11-11-2010, 12:34 PM
its your call - and i have no personal experience - but when my hubby went to see his dad laid out in rest he said he regrets it.
the last time he saw him alive he was chasing them down the street (in a mischievious way) and he wishes that he had that as his last memory - instead of his physical carriage (as we like to call it.) I always think that you are not your body, and once you leave your body you still exist, but not with it or a part of it.

some people like to go as a closure, especially if their loved one was suffering in their final days as they usually look peaceful and calm.

follow your heart Lisa - sending hugs and strength xxx

LOOPYLISA
11-11-2010, 12:49 PM
its your call - and i have no personal experience - but when my hubby went to see his dad laid out in rest he said he regrets it.
the last time he saw him alive he was chasing them down the street (in a mischievious way) and he wishes that he had that as his last memory - instead of his physical carriage (as we like to call it.) I always think that you are not your body, and once you leave your body you still exist, but not with it or a part of it.

some people like to go as a closure, especially if their loved one was suffering in their final days as they usually look peaceful and calm.

follow your heart Lisa - sending hugs and strength xxx

I never went to see her when she was very poorly in hospital as i wanted to remember her how i last saw her which was at home in her chair in the lounge eating her cornflakes :D so i think i have awnsered my own question, thank you for replying x

Mollymop
11-11-2010, 12:50 PM
LIsa, so sorry I missed this thread. Sending you many hugs, I am so sorry to hear you have lost your nana:( :(

LOOPYLISA
11-11-2010, 12:51 PM
It's a toughie and only you can decide. I decided not to go and see my Dad (and my sisters did the same). I wanted my last memory of him to be the day he came to visit the week before he died, and him laughing as I told him I was never to old to give him a big kiss and a hug as DD1 wasn't keen on kissing him lol. If I'd been to visit him I think the image of him lying there would have stayed with me and possibly overshadowed my memory of him. He was larger than life, and always full of fun and that's the only way I want to remember him. I don't think he would have wanted me to visit him at the chapel of rest, he was a very practical person and just wouldn't have seen the point in it. He'd have been the first to say ' but that's not me in that box!'

But saying all that, that was my personal decision and for me it was the right one. I'm sure many people would think differently and would want to see their loved ones at peace. Its a very individual decision I think :group hug:

Your so right the last image would be me seeing her tomorrow and im not sure i want that to be my last memory of her.

LOOPYLISA
11-11-2010, 12:52 PM
LIsa, so sorry I missed this thread. Sending you many hugs, I am so sorry to hear you have lost your nana:( :(

No worries moppy and thank you x

miffy
11-11-2010, 12:54 PM
Maybe a personal question and please feel free to ignore..

My dad has just asked me if i am wanting to go and see my nan tomorrow..

Im not sure to be honest :( i do and i don't do you know what i mean

This is something only you can decide.

Before my mum died I would have said no, I could never do that.

But when she died (and I was with her when she died) I chose to go to the chapel of rest. I was glad I did, to have some time alone with her and say my goodbyes in private. It was very emotional (still is, I'm welling up now) but also very peaceful.

My sister couldn't face going but we both loved her and grieved for her - there's no right or wrong choice just whatever you want to do.

Will be thinking of you on Monday xx

Miffy xx

LOOPYLISA
11-11-2010, 12:59 PM
This is something only you can decide.

Before my mum died I would have said no, I could never do that.

But when she died (and I was with her when she died) I chose to go to the chapel of rest. I was glad I did, to have some time alone with her and say my goodbyes in private. It was very emotional (still is, I'm welling up now) but also very peaceful.

My sister couldn't face going but we both loved her and grieved for her - there's no right or wrong choice just whatever you want to do.

Will be thinking of you on Monday xx

Miffy xx

Thank you, im sorry ive made you cry x

miffy
11-11-2010, 01:01 PM
Thank you, im sorry ive made you cry x

It's alright, it must be those flippin hormones! :rolleyes: :)

Miffy xx

ORKSIE
11-11-2010, 01:29 PM
Will be thinking of you Lisa.
Big Hugs

xxx

Mcgons
11-11-2010, 05:05 PM
I never went to see her when she was very poorly in hospital as i wanted to remember her how i last saw her which was at home in her chair in the lounge eating her cornflakes :D so i think i have awnsered my own question, thank you for replying x

I didn't go to see my grandma in hospital or in the chapel of rest (I was heavily pregnant and it was a 3 hour journey I would have to have done on my own), and I'm glad as like you say you have more fond memories of your nan. And even though I've learnt since that my grandma asked why I wasn't visiting when my sisters went to see her in hospital, I don't feel guilty (at least anymore, it was 7 years ago) because I knew she would have understood why.

So don't feel guilty about not seeing your nan so much, and remembering the funny and special times will get you through.

Will be thinking of you on Monday x

Rasharoon
11-11-2010, 05:42 PM
My thoughts are with you and your family Lisa. Big hugs.
xx

The Juggler
11-11-2010, 06:27 PM
hope you are ok hon. :(

sandy64
11-11-2010, 06:38 PM
hi hun so sorry ive been away so catching up now so sorry to hear your sad news sounds like she went in a nice way dont feel guilty for not being there. she would of known youd loved her so much you take care x

LOOPYLISA
12-11-2010, 06:25 PM
Thanks girls :thumbsup:

My nan would of totally understood why i didnt see her when she was so poorly i know she would...

I decided not to go and see nan today with mum and dad i wanted to remember her how i last saw her , dad said she looked lovely :thumbsup:

Just helping dd with a piece she is giving the victor to read on monday at nans funeral, its lovely :D

Thanks again x

LOOPYLISA
14-11-2010, 10:18 AM
Well the time is nearly here for nans funeral :(

Im not sure how im feeling tbh, i have been ok this last week feel guilty ive not cried or thought about her as much as i could, i really have been remembering the fun times which is helping :thumbsup:

Not sure if i said before dd has written a piece for the vicor to read out its lovely, tissues at the ready.

It just still doesnt seem real :(

Joannechildmind
14-11-2010, 11:32 AM
Hope it goes ok tomorrow, remembering the good times is whats needed and what your nan would want.

Bless your dd for writting the piece hope she is ok.

EllaBella
14-11-2010, 01:58 PM
reding this has mde me cry, sending hugs to you nd your family xxxxxx