PDA

View Full Version : What to charge

devoncm
29-10-2010, 09:31 AM
I had a call yesterday about care for 11mth and 3 yr old, cant do 11 mth for 3 wks when turned 1 anyway, she is coming to see me today about 1.30, as couldnt totally understand her requirements, from what i can gather, 3yr old go to nursery in a village close by but i cant get to, which i told her, and 11 mth goes to a nursery i think 6 hrs a wk, i may get them at same time and sometimes may not, with her job she may only get an hours notice, i said on the phone as long as im not required to collect from pre school it may work but when she comes today i will make sure she understands that if it is irregular hours it does depend on what other children i have. Should i charge minimum hours rate? as sometimes,mainly a thursday i may not be able to have them?, not really sure what to do?

The Juggler
29-10-2010, 08:59 PM
i would call her back and say you have a space every day except Thurs and you would accept a min. no. of hours per week.

Or invite her round first then explain this. once she sees how lovley you are she might pull younger one out of nursery.:)

devoncm
30-10-2010, 08:34 AM
Well she came round, after saying about having a dog which she was fine with, she jumped on my sofa when she saw him, trying to push him away upsetting her child which then upset grace, and she thought she could still bring them as long as he stayed out the way??
My reply- sorry this is his home he doesnt get shut away anywhere, and politely showed her the door- i wanted to say would you shut your children away if people didnt like them-but didnt

The Juggler
30-10-2010, 09:40 AM
ooh she sounds a bit of a mare - but sorry hon I thought dogs did need to be kept in one room when minding - but don't know much about it so might have got that wrong??

haribo
30-10-2010, 11:30 AM
blimey what dog do you have :eek: .. i dont shut my dog away ever , she is under my constant supervision though :thumbsup:

The Juggler
30-10-2010, 12:50 PM
blimey what dog do you have :eek: .. i dont shut my dog away ever , she is under my constant supervision though :thumbsup:

oh I don't! I thought I read on here before someone put their dog in another room whilst minding- as I said don't really know much about dogs and minding:laughing: :laughing: sorry OP not much help at all there was I!

devoncm
30-10-2010, 06:47 PM
Collie x retriever, very placid and used to kids pulling at him and stuff, i dont ever leave him with the kids on their own

haribo
30-10-2010, 07:02 PM
Collie x retriever, very placid and used to kids pulling at him and stuff, i dont ever leave him with the kids on their own

he sounds gorgeous . parent must be dog phobic :panic: thought u would say a great dane or huge mastiff or something really scary looking