PDA

View Full Version : Anyone on BP meds and or statins????????

WibbleWobble
28-10-2010, 08:17 AM
I am really struggling. As a lot of you know i was admitted to hosp last week with high BP and cholesterol. They let me out (on good behaviour) on monday afternoon.

And i feel like :censored: (sorry pauline)

Its hard to describe....i feel weak....really "kitten weak". I have spent the last couple of days just lying on the sofa. I am a bit confused too at time (dont know how anyone notices) i saw the news paper beside me and started reading it...not realising i had already read it 15 mins before!

I am not hungry...feel nauseous. Joints ache. weepy.:(

I think the weepy thing is just shock from finding out,

so...is this all normal? i want to be back with my sweethearts next week so i have got up and showered and am planning to be a bit more "normal":rolleyes:

Didnt realise how much i would miss my LOs. My arms ache for them.

silly old *** eh?:laughing:

mandy xxxxx

angeldelight
28-10-2010, 08:22 AM
I am on BP medication have been for about 5 years now

Are you feeling really low because you was not expecting this ? I know it is a shock at first I did not actually believe my doctor when he told me I had always suffered with low blood pressure for years

If you are feeling ill though I suggest you go back to the doctor

I have had to have my meds changed a number of times over the years and each time I have felt the way you do

Some tablets might not agree with you or the dose could be too high

It takes a while to get them right

I am on 2 tablets - are you ?

Go back to your doc

Hope you feel lots better soon

Angel xx

ORKSIE
28-10-2010, 08:45 AM
Parsleypetal, I have no words of wisdom for you, all I can say is, I hope you feel better very soon.

and as Angel said, go back to your Drs.

Big Hugs xxx

charlie potato
28-10-2010, 08:45 AM
oh dear thats not good. I'd go back to the docs as your meds may not be agreeing with you. Take care. lots of hugs. keep your chin up. xx

manjay
28-10-2010, 09:19 AM
I have taken BP meds since my son was born 4 years ago. It took a while to get dosage right and I now take a combination of 2 to control my BP. I never really felt ill although that could have been masked by having a section and thyroid disease. I would go back to GP to check it out.

Hugs

amanda x

Penny1959
28-10-2010, 09:56 AM
I am on a right cocktail of meds including BP and Satins, thyroxine, insulin, metformin etc.

I feel like you do every time my meds are changed but usually only for a week or so and gradually feel better as week goes on.

However on 2 occassions this has not happened - and had to go back to doc - seems that I was reacting to meds and doc took me off them straight away - so suggest go back to doctor - you should not be feeling this bad.

Hope doc sorts out for you

Penny :)

carolinex
28-10-2010, 10:39 AM
Hi,, sorry 2 hear your not feeling well,,i had high blood pressure when pregnant with my little boy,,spent 5 weeks in hosp on flat bedrest & was told not to have anymore babies,,too dangerous. Im now on the max dose of 4 blood pressure tablets,,i think the trick is 2 find what time of day is best for YOUR body to take the tablets,, if your on bendofluzine, then you do need 2 take that first thing,,i take 2 tabs in am & 2 at tea-time..I really think you should go back asap to see your gp-as previous ppl have said & try & get some hospital tests for your kidneys & heart sorted out,, sounds scary but its important 2 get a full picture of whats happening.. As for looking after ur minders next week just try & weigh up the pros & cons of having a few weeks off work- would you go into a workplace if you felt so bad ? what do your family think about you working next week ? Hope things start to improve for you soon,, Carolinex

Joannechildmind
29-10-2010, 07:58 PM
Hi i have recently been put on new bp tabs , asprin, i take 10 tablets a day at the moment. I know exactly what your going through.
At first i felt soooooooooo unbelievably tired, weak and kept falling asleep all the time. These were all side effects to the tabs. Ot has taken 2 weeks to get them into my system and each week im feeling brighter.

What are the tablets your taking?
Check with the docs if you dont feel any better.

babs
29-10-2010, 08:01 PM
when i 1st went on bp meds i felt very much the same and i would fall alseep just about anywhere i went back and they changed mine now them work fine... hope you fell better soon hun..

The Juggler
29-10-2010, 09:20 PM
Oh hon, sorry to hear you feel so weepy. hope they get your meds right soon so you are back to your usual self:)

Joannechildmind
05-11-2010, 09:55 PM
how r u with the meds now mandy ?