PDA

View Full Version : Car seats and eqipment

kymberly
27-10-2010, 10:32 PM
I've just become a childminder myself but went to see a childminder for my own son today for emergency/adhoc care (appointments etc for myself).

She told me I need to provide a carseat (and a travel cot if he is to have a sleep while with her). :angry: I always presumed the childminder provides these things? :eek:

Just wondering what others do? :idea:

tulip0803
27-10-2010, 10:38 PM
I provide all mine. I prefer to know how they work and that they are fit for purpose. Particularly the car-seat. I would not know if they had been in an accident, whether they fit correctly in the car and that the parent re-straps them into their car correctly.

(Not that I think you personally would have defective equipment:p )

Twinkles
27-10-2010, 10:39 PM
I always provide car seats from the time they go into the forward facing ones. But before that , when they are in the rear facing ones, I ask parents to bring theirs.

I always provide travel cots. I can see this might be inconvenient but if you really like everything else about the minder/setting it might be worth putting up with. We all do things differently.

tulip0803
27-10-2010, 10:43 PM
I always provide car seats from the time they go into the forward facing ones. But before that , when they are in the rear facing ones, I ask parents to bring theirs.

For got the carry ones:blush: . As above, although I do have one that I use if parents really do not have one or have a rearward stage 1 in their car.