PDA

View Full Version : Cure for snoring

Happy Bunny
27-10-2010, 08:40 PM
Trying to watch a film but the sound is being drowned out by him snoring!
Tried kicking him.
Pinching his nose.
Throwing pillow.
Suggestions please the floor is rumbling

juejue
27-10-2010, 08:52 PM
I now how you feel hun.

My hubby is going into hospital tomorrow for a sleep nasendoscopy and biopsy on his tongue base.

We tried everything. Its that bad ......... I am sleeping in the spare room.

In the end I sent him to the doctors.

Sorry I cant tell you a cure........maybe a visit to the doctors

Happy Bunny
27-10-2010, 09:00 PM
i been sleeping on the sofa for the past two months, can't listen to it no more.
refuses to go to the doctors.
Is cellotape illegal ha ha ha ha

linda2girls
27-10-2010, 09:06 PM
We're the same, I'm in the spare room at the moment, don't know what else to do. I have to be up early for a 7 o'clock starter and really need my sleep.

Linda.

Twinkles
27-10-2010, 09:33 PM
Cellotape would just be cruel.

I suggest an elbow in the gut or a knee in the groin :laughing:

angeldelight
28-10-2010, 06:55 AM
You could tell him to move out

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Angel xx

karensmart4
28-10-2010, 06:55 PM
Sent my hubby to the Doctors about his snoring, the Doc laughed and told him to buy me some earplugs!!!!! :mad:

candy cat
28-10-2010, 07:07 PM
the shed at the bottom of the garden....too cold to sleep,hence no more snoring :D

Happy Bunny
28-10-2010, 07:17 PM
I ve tried ear plugs they don't work.
It's that loud i can hear it from the front room.
Even my kids got fed up last night, the ideas flying around to shut him up were amusing, though if we carried them out we would be done for cruelty.
Though thinking about it isn't listening to it all night cruelty on his part.

charleyfarley
28-10-2010, 07:29 PM
I give a quick, swift nudge, punch or a kick to Daz depending on how bad it is :blush: :laughing: He snores badly which keeps me awake :angry:

My mils snoring is really bad, she even wears earplugs because she wakes herself up :laughing: :laughing:

Not sure what you can do except divorce but that does seem a bit extreme :laughing:

Carol xx

IndigoMoon
28-10-2010, 07:32 PM
wake him up, lol! ;O)

Seriously though I know how annoying it is, I used to elbow my dh in the back... hard!

venus89
28-10-2010, 07:48 PM
At my first aid course last weekend hunky paramedic first aid trainer said none of the on the market 'cures' would do the blindest bit of good as snoring is not related to the nose, which all these so called cures are aimed at. He said tilt the head back to clear the airways. Or pinch the bit just under their fingernail :rolleyes:

juejue
28-10-2010, 10:26 PM
At my first aid course last weekend hunky paramedic first aid trainer said none of the on the market 'cures' would do the blindest bit of good as snoring is not related to the nose, which all these so called cures are aimed at. He said tilt the head back to clear the airways. Or pinch the bit just under their fingernail :rolleyes:

Its all to do with the tongue. My poor hubby has been in the hospital all day to find out why he is snoring.....he is really bad :blush:

Has to go back in 3 weeks.... he got told its a health problem because he stopped breathing when he was asleep. something to do with his tongue going right to the back of his throat .....thats why he is snoring so bad

Happy Bunny
29-10-2010, 10:53 AM
I'd be too frightened to tilt his head back lol lol lol
I'm sleep deprived i'd have the urge to rip his head off!!!!!!

Seriously though it's starting to **** me off, he will not go to doctors says it's my problem for not falling asleep before him.
He has stops breathing whilst asleep, i know this is serious but if he won't get help what can i do.

Someone suggestion of Divorce! mmmmmmm debatable will have to think that one through a bit more

Scarlet Reynold
24-08-2011, 02:49 PM
Tried kicking him.
Pinching his nose.
Throwing pillow.

That will not help for your husband instead get him to a sleep clinic and help him get through with the snoring problem in any way you can. I' m sure in the end he will have to thank you for that.

Scarlet Reynold
24-08-2011, 02:53 PM
Tried kicking him.
Pinching his nose.
Throwing pillow.

That will not help him instead get him to a sleep clinic and help him in every way you can for him to get through with the snoring. In the end, he will have to thank you for all your support.

blue bear
24-08-2011, 08:03 PM
Don't know if this is for real but remember seeing a tennis ball sewed in pj top so snorer can't roll onto back and thus Tongue does not fall back and no snoring.
Personally I find it hard to get off to sleep until DH is snoring. I find it comforting and can't get to sleep when he's away!

sillysausage
24-08-2011, 09:39 PM
Sent my hubby to the Doctors about his snoring, the Doc laughed and told him to buy me some earplugs!!!!!

that is awful and so unprofessional! I would go back to the doctors for a joint appointment to stress just how much of an effect your hubby's snoring is having on your relationship and your sleep deprivation.
Whilst not meaning to offend sometimes snoring can become more pronounced if the snorer is overweight or drinks too much alcohol. Whilst these might not be contributory factors in your case they may be worth exploring for others. (I really really don't want to offend anyone:o )
My DH snores when he sleeps on his back or on his left side (and when he's had a few lol!). A quick prod/push usually works to get him to roll over onto his right side and we both get a good nights sleep. Thankfully so far I've not felt the need to leave the marital bed but if it did get so bad that I felt it was my only option I would be straight down to the doctors to try and get it sorted. As my doctor's is a large practice and it's rare to see the same doctor twice running I would keep going back until one of them did something about it.

The Juggler
25-08-2011, 07:25 AM
I'd be too frightened to tilt his head back lol lol lol
I'm sleep deprived i'd have the urge to rip his head off!!!!!!

Seriously though it's starting to **** me off, he will not go to doctors says it's my problem for not falling asleep before him.
He has stops breathing whilst asleep, i know this is serious but if he won't get help what can i do.

Someone suggestion of Divorce! mmmmmmm debatable will have to think that one through a bit more

if that's the case I'd be giving an ultimatum to him hon. how can he be so insensitive. if he's stopped breathing already :angry: :angry: he's happy to leave you a widow rather than go to the doctors ?????:panic:

Tinglesnark
25-08-2011, 07:54 AM
apparently when they stop breathing in their sleep it is called sleep apnea and is a condition. A friend of my mums has it quite severely and has to wear an oxygen mask to sleep.
he does need that seen to!
My brother had that operation done where they break your nose and reset it but it hasnt stopped his snoring..his nose looks nice though! :laughing:

i am the culprit of snoring in this house, i dont snore when im on my side or front but when im on my back, even i wake myself up! its awful! im not overweight, i dont drink or smoke...it is worse when i am over tired too!

mum and dad have separate rooms now because he snores like an express train and you can hear him downstairs too. He travels a lot and he says he is always being woken by air hostess' asking him to be quiet LOL:laughing: