PDA

View Full Version : clipping things together

devoncm
27-10-2010, 07:41 PM
Not really sure where to put this but my mindee 17ths always likes clipping things together, like the pushchair straps mainly, as soon as she comes in she goes to play with them fixing them together, also in the toy highchair, not sure where to go from here though, she does try putting a toy key in the house and i did get out the shape sorter but she didnt really do much with that, also what would it come under, PD? i tried looking but couldnt really find anything to match

sarah707
27-10-2010, 08:03 PM
I used to have one like that - it drove me potty cos every time I picked anyone up to put them in the buggy, car seat or high chair the straps would be fastened :rolleyes:

It's a fine motor / physical development and hand eye coordination skill :D

maisiemog
27-10-2010, 08:17 PM
Pretty much describing both my dd and my mindee! Drives me barmy as well!!!

Never thought to put it down in their LJs as something of note though! Thanks for the idea....off to do that now!!!

pillows
27-10-2010, 08:50 PM
oh glad i'm not on my own , it drives me crazy every time i go to use the high chair, pushchair etc the clips are all done up then you have to put lo down :( but again never thought of logging this thanks for advice:clapping:

devoncm
27-10-2010, 08:55 PM
It does drive me potty when i go to put Grace in chair, ive only had her a couple of weeks and just watching for some starting points really, thanks for confirming Sarah where to put it in file.

catlyn
26-07-2013, 08:09 AM
I'm bumping this thread coz I have 3 litle mindees who all love to do this....all girls and all around 18months!.....I have a toy camera with straps that they can clip together and of course the buggy and car seats but does anyone have any ideas for toys or activities that I can use to develop this for them...thank you x x x

bulldog
29-07-2013, 03:25 PM
You can actually buy the 2 parts of the clip from haberdashery type shops. I have a little one who loves doing it and spends ages clipping/unclipping!
His Mum bought a few sets and attached them to ribbons!

Kirstylob
29-07-2013, 05:08 PM
You can actually buy the 2 parts of the clip from haberdashery type shops. I have a little one who loves doing it and spends ages clipping/unclipping!
His Mum bought a few sets and attached them to ribbons!

I like that idea!

catlyn
30-07-2013, 07:07 AM
fab idea..thanks x