PDA

View Full Version : How long does bank transfers take?

singlewiththree
26-10-2010, 07:30 AM
I had a cheque bounce last Thurs, The family apologised asked for my bank details and said they would transfer it immediately. It's still not there, how long should it take?

mama2three
26-10-2010, 07:33 AM
We transfer money between dh and my accounts and its pretty instant!
Even businesses now dont have to wait the time it used to take under bacs , a chaps transfer is overnight. So unless they bank with a building society , or maybe the santander group I heard was slower , then it can be in your account straight away.

Chatterbox Childcare
26-10-2010, 08:08 AM
It depends on the bank and their procedures.

Sometimes it takes 2 second, 2 hours or 3 days (especially if it is a new account set up)

Newbie1!
26-10-2010, 08:26 AM
Ive had this before - with a bank transfer for something else - if your with the same bank then it is instant, it can however take up to five working days depending on the bank you are with and they are with - I had to check with my bank when it happened to me and that was the response. xxx

Penny1959
26-10-2010, 08:48 AM
I have found that some think a standing order is a 'bank transfer' when it clearly is not. Make sure it is a 'instant transfer'. My parents pay by this method and it is there within the hour if not sooner. I also transfer money to my daughters accounts - who all bank with different banks - and no issues.

Penny :)

~Chelle~
26-10-2010, 09:16 AM
I have one parent pay by standing order and it takes 3 days to clear. Another pays me as a "payment" and that still takes 3 days, although she she first started doing it, it appeared in my account the same day, she stopped doing this though as apparently they charged her for it!.

I had one mum pay me via cheque from Abbey National and it took a whopping 12 days to clear :eek: Asked her politely to pay either directly into my bank or cash ;)

Mookins
26-10-2010, 09:20 AM
bank transfer if its the same bank is usually instant others take a coiupleof days, not sure whether it being a weekend makes any difference:( though

ring your bank they should be able to tell if something is in the pipeline

xx

mummyof3
26-10-2010, 10:37 AM
ring your bank they should be able to tell if something is in the pipeline

xx

I agree :thumbsup:

My instant transfer with one parent goes in within a few hours

singlewiththree
26-10-2010, 10:49 AM
I rang the bank and they said there is nothing waiting...... hum looks like I'm going to have to get back in touch with the parent and see where it is. If she did it last Thurs then today is the 4th working day.

Ripeberry
26-10-2010, 10:59 AM
I rang the bank and they said there is nothing waiting...... hum looks like I'm going to have to get back in touch with the parent and see where it is. If she did it last Thurs then today is the 4th working day.

Sounds like she is trying to stall you :mad:

Mookins
26-10-2010, 01:13 PM
why lie about these things
bloomin rediculous:rolleyes:

xxx

crazyhazy
26-10-2010, 05:02 PM
It depends who you and they bank with, not all banks are signed up for faster payments (which take 2 hours, off the top of my head RBS, Bank of Scotland, Lloydtsb all are but not sure about the others, certainly when I was working in banking at the start of the year there were still some that weren't). Faster payments should clear into your account within 2 hours of being paid, BACS will take 3 working days.