PDA

View Full Version : Did you get any pre reg actions?

keeks
25-10-2010, 03:56 PM
I'm having my pre reg on Wednesday and am busy with cleaning and last minute stuff. I just thought I'd ask if anyone got any actions or things to do before you got registered? I have looked through some old threads here and found people having to put a lock on a gate and cupboard locks. Anyone got anything else?

Or obviously any advice you can think of.

xx

Mookins
25-10-2010, 04:02 PM
i had to find my birth certificate:blush: put up a gate to seperate the wildlife part of the garedn and do my safeguarding policy:blush: the only one i didnt have lol

my only tip would be as as many questions as you can then you have it straight from them
:clapping: :clapping:

best of luck hunny all will be fine:D

xxx

Mollymop
25-10-2010, 04:05 PM
You don't have to have everything ready just make sure that you can show your inspector what you need to do when the time comes.
She will ask you lots of questions and have a quick look around your house but not checking to see if you have a safety lock here and there.
Don't fret too much about all the things you may need - just a write a "to do" list for her to see. You are not minding yet so why should you have locks on your cupboards yet or a stairgate up, ifyswim. They won't expect it, they just expect you to know what you will need for when you start.

Mookins
25-10-2010, 04:09 PM
You don't have to have everything ready just make sure that you can show your inspector what you need to do when the time comes.
She will ask you lots of questions and have a quick look around your house but not checking to see if you have a safety lock here and there.
Don't fret too much about all the things you may need - just a write a "to do" list for her to see. You are not minding yet so why should you have locks on your cupboards yet or a stairgate up, ifyswim. They won't expect it, they just expect you to know what you will need for when you start.

happy birthday hun
xxxx

Mollymop
25-10-2010, 04:14 PM
happy birthday hun
xxxx

Aww thank u!:thumbsup: :D

mrs_scottydog
25-10-2010, 04:15 PM
When I took the inspector round my house I pointed out all the things that needed doing so she was aware that I knew what still needed to be done. It's probably a good idea to have a to-do list like Mollymop suggested. Not just for each room but all your paperwork too, like policies and risk assessments that you still need to do. Btw I didn't get any actions.
Good luck and don't worry too much. Hx

Newbie1!
25-10-2010, 04:22 PM
Hia sweetie, i didnt get any actions as such - Mrs O asked me to ring the Fire Authority and get them round for a risk assessment but this is only becos Ive registered for overnight care too and she did not officially put this down as an action, merely said I should do it. xxx