PDA

View Full Version : Husbands spent convictions

kirstya
23-10-2010, 11:25 AM
Just wondered if anyone has been in this situation? My DH has convictions from 25/30 years ago- criminal damage(ripping someones shirt?!) drink driving & fraud- used someones credit card. They will obviously be spent now and wondered if anyone knew how this would affect appliction to OFSTED. Will they want to investigate? He's obviously not like that now - was a young 19yr old at the time. Am due to start my course week after next & could really do with knowing before I put in all the work. Xxx

sarah707
23-10-2010, 12:04 PM
It depends on what comes up when they run his CRB check.

The only people who know what they will say are Ofsted and they treat each case on its merits.

However be prepared as it may delay your application by some weeks / months if they do query the CRB check.

I'd ring them before doing anything else and see if they have a viewpoint. It would like you say be awful to waste your time.

I hope this helps xx

wellybelly
23-10-2010, 01:26 PM
I think they have an appeals process where it's not so automated. Expect a no at first and then appeal. Thats the point where you get to discuss it with a person. I know someone whose hubby had a couple of convictions from when he was a teenager and they had to appeal after the first inital application, but then they got accepted. Don't give up hope but as Sarah says it does depend on the situation.

Best of Luck

babs
23-10-2010, 01:38 PM
my hubbys came back with criminal damage on his, we didnt even know it was on there and mine went though ok ofsted didnt even look into it or ask questions even thou he never put it down... we did find out afterwards what it was .... it was when silly beep beep next door pulled off her drive in front of him and turned off her engine crossed her arms and sat there in middle of road it was early in a morning and he was running late for work so pushed her car out the way with his. anyway police came out few days later and he explained what had happened there was no paper work filled in and they checked his car and hers for damage none found... we did get a letter off insurance company claiming she had whiplash but he sent letter to his company he worked for nothing else was said about it... on top of this they sent off tracker reports which stated hubbys car was going at 0.05 mph forwards and in her insurance claim she had said he reversed into her...

Wheelybug
23-10-2010, 04:22 PM
My husbands spent conviction didn't affect my application. He was charged with affray after getting into a fight with bouncers from a nightclub on his stag night 10 years ago. When Osted visited, he had a crb which stated this (from when he did the disco's at my children's school) and it was never made an issue by Ofsted. My application went through fine without having to appeal. At the time he was working twilight shifts so was even at home when I was minding.

kirstya
25-10-2010, 04:36 PM
Thanks eveyone for sharing your experiences and for your advice! I have contacted my childminding co-ordinator & ofsted today and they both advised that it may take alittle longer to process but cannot see any reason I would be denied registration. Phew! So i will plod on and see what happens! Course starts next week then application forms go to OFSTED in Jan/feb when course is complete. Wish me luck and thanks again!! x