PDA

View Full Version : How do you cancel NCMA PLI?

Blaze
22-10-2010, 11:14 AM
I am trying to cancel my NCMA PLI so I can switch to MM (am keeping my membership) - the booklet only mentions a cooling off period...I phoned NCMA & they told me the person wasn't in today & I would have to wait til Monday for them to get back to me...so I wanted to know if anyone else has canceled their policy & how they went about it & how long it took!
Thanks in advance:)

The Juggler
22-10-2010, 12:45 PM
I'm just waiting for mine to expire and then I'm switching. If you really want to switch now, I would just send a formal e-mail letter stating you wish to cancel your insurance, effective xxx date as you have taken out an alternative cover.

I would also send a letter to Customer Service explaining why you have done this so they can see they are losing business.

I'm going to do the same.

Playmate
22-10-2010, 12:49 PM
We waited until ours expired and then just phoned them and informed them that we wanted membership and not the whole PLI package, it was done over the phone that day :D

Blaze
22-10-2010, 12:51 PM
Thanks Juggler - have already done that - but nothing will happen till Monday when <name removed at persons request> is back in the office for some reason & MM won't insure me until I have it confired that my NCMA insurance has been canceled:rolleyes: V. frustrating! Want to do it now as the debt recovery service doesn't come into effect fro the first 90 days of policy if the contract is pre you switching - Am waiting for confirmation from MM that if you re-do contracts with existing parents after you switch you are covered immediately (I have to as use NCMA contracts & they ask for PLI company & policy number)...but I have a parent coming tomorrow now instead of next week to sign contracts, so irritating as may have to do 2 contracts in the space of a week!:rolleyes:

Blaze
22-10-2010, 12:52 PM
PS I am keeping my membership:thumbsup:

miffy
22-10-2010, 01:21 PM
Thanks Juggler - have already done that - but nothing will happen till Monday when <name removed at persons request> is back in the office for some reason & MM won't insure me until I have it confired that my NCMA insurance has been canceled:rolleyes: V. frustrating! Want to do it now as the debt recovery service doesn't come into effect fro the first 90 days of policy if the contract is pre you switching - Am waiting for confirmation from MM that if you re-do contracts with existing parents after you switch you are covered immediately (I have to as use NCMA contracts & they ask for PLI company & policy number)...but I have a parent coming tomorrow now instead of next week to sign contracts, so irritating as may have to do 2 contracts in the space of a week!:rolleyes:

Can't you just leave the PLI company and policy number blank on the contract (you could always give them to parent if wanted now) and then fill in MM details once you've got your policy sorted?

Miffy xx

Playmate
22-10-2010, 01:44 PM
Can't you just leave the PLI company and policy number blank on the contract (you could always give them to parent if wanted now) and then fill in MM details once you've got your policy sorted?

Miffy xx

This is exactly what we did with a new parent who signed a week before ours were swapped, we gave them our NCMA PLI number and expiry date, but did not write it on contract. When we took our MM insurance we just told them the date NCMA would expire and told them we would inform NCMA that we were not renewing. I ust admit, just as a word of warning MM were very slow with paper work and had to be chased several times :(

Rain or Shine
22-10-2010, 02:10 PM
Why is everyone switching to MM?

I am pre reg so will get NCMA soon and am just curious why no one wants it lol

Blaze
22-10-2010, 03:57 PM

Miffy xx

No because the dates the contracts are signed would be pre the Public Liability Insurance Date with MM IYSWIM?

I am switching because MM offers a better service with regards to non-paying parents (& most CM's switch because of this).

x

tulip0803
22-10-2010, 04:35 PM
I waited for expiry of mine. I did it on-line and they sent my insurance document to be printed out by e-mail:) .

I checked about contracts as I had only signed some a month before switching and was told that was fine. I gave all parents a note with my new PLI details on it and got them to sign to say that they had been notified. I think the 90 day thing is to ensure that you do not change over with outstanding fees from parents as they will not cover any arrears that pre-date the insurance.

I also kept my membership.

wellybelly
22-10-2010, 04:51 PM
How much is membership only with the NCMA?

tulip0803
22-10-2010, 05:07 PM
How much is membership only with the NCMA?

In September it was £50 for membership. £23.60 for PLI. So it works out slightly more expensive than staying with NCMA but you get the better cover. They e-mailed me to say that I had "forgotton" to pay my PLI and needed to send £23.60 more so I e-mailed back and explained why I had changed PLI company.

Blaze
25-10-2010, 02:27 PM
Update - I spoke with <name removed at persons request> - & I have cancelled my PLI with NCMA - he was very nice & explained that they are looking to change the way they deal with non-paying parents, but were bound by a contract themselves at the mo & hopefull changes will be implemented around Spring time 2011 - so watch out for this if you are looking to renew your PLI with either NCMA or MM around that time or after.:thumbsup:

Playmate
25-10-2010, 08:58 PM
Thats great news Blaze, I know that issue is being addressed at the moment and I'm sure if they can sort something out they will regain some of the many customers they have lost over the last year or so :D

The Juggler
25-10-2010, 08:59 PM
Update - I spoke with <name removed at persons request> - & I have cancelled my PLI with NCMA - he was very nice & explained that they are looking to change the way they deal with non-paying parents, but were bound by a contract themselves at the mo & hopefull changes will be implemented around Springtime 2011 - so watch out for this if you are looking to renew your PLI with either NCMA or MM around that time or after.:thumbsup:

that's good news he is listening hon and thanks for info about the 90 days before you can claim (for pre-existing contracts). Presume it's immediate for contracts signed after you take out MM insurance???

Hopefully NCMA will get their act into gear with insurance and we can all switch back to them supporting them and us:)

Blaze
25-10-2010, 09:02 PM
Yes it is Juggler:thumbsup: