PDA

View Full Version : EYFS Question

tiger79
20-10-2010, 09:11 PM
I've just read that the EYFS needs to be followed by the person / organisation that cares for the child the most between the hours of 0800 and 1800.

I have two before & after schoolers that are under 5 and have been religiously doing a Learning Journey with them! Am I right in thinking that the school will be doing all that and Ofsted won't expect to see anything referring to the EYFS from me.

I shall continue doing what I'm doing as it's good practice for when I get a pre-schooler to look after, just wanted clarification from everyone else!

sarah707
20-10-2010, 09:15 PM
The EYFS PROFILE needs to be done by the setting caring most for the child - usually school.

The EYFS as a whole needs to be done by everyone looking after the child until he is about to go into year 1 at school.

So yes you are doing it right :D

wellybelly
21-10-2010, 08:55 AM
I have learning journeys for all the children I care for regardless of where and how long they attend the setting for. I do what I can to support them with the EYFS and obviously there isn't as much as there would be for a child who is not of school age and attends for longer. Ofsted were happy to see that I was supporting the child with the EYFS whilst they came to my setting. I still do obs / planning / assessment etc.