PDA

View Full Version : What to put in a daily diary?

Nikki76
20-10-2010, 08:45 PM
Hi
I've been reading on this website and it seems that people generally only do a few obs a month/week and everything else is written in the daily diary??
I have given my mindees mum a daily diary, but all i've been putting in it is a quick paragraph explaining what he did, what snack he had and how his was in general. I only have him part time.
I thought that most of the mindees deatiled info was to go in their learning journey?

Am I on the completely wrong path here??

Please help. Everytime I think I have my head around this EYFS stuff I get confused again! :blush:

Thanks!

sarah707
20-10-2010, 09:13 PM
What you are doing sounds fine to me!

I use an A5 note book and write maybe half to a page a day depending on what we have done / how busy we have been.

For anyone wanting more information, there's often confusion between diaries and learning journeys...

Diaries - go back and forth every day and are filled in by you and hopefully by parents. They talk about daily stuff - nappies, food, health, fun outings, things the child has liked / not liked etc.

LJs - are like keepsake books for the child when he leaves, filled with photos, observations, copies of the child's work, comments from parents / other settings / family, individual planning etc.

Hth :D

Nikki76
20-10-2010, 09:19 PM
Thanks Sarah,
This is exactly what i'm doing.