PDA

View Full Version : Peppermint Stars

angeldelight
17-12-2007, 08:54 AM
Peppermint Stars

SO SO easy to make yet they taste divine. No, they aren’t a healthy choice but kids love helping to make these. They make great presents too.

450g (1lb) icing sugar

1 egg – white only

half a lemon

peppermint extract

green food colouring

Sift the icing sugar into a bowl. Separate the egg and add the white to the sugar. Mix well then add a little lemon juice and enough peppermint extract (a few drops) to give it the strength you like. Bring the mixture together to form a soft dough. If too dry, add a little more lemon juice. You can then split the dough into two pieces and colour one with a little green colouring if you wish.

Roll the dough out using extra icing sugar to stop it sticking. Cut out star shapes or other Christmas shapes and place on non stick baking parchment. Allow them to harden for a couple of hours. If you like, you can then pipe icing or chocolate over the stars to decorate

angeldelight
10-11-2008, 06:59 PM
Kids could make these for their parents

Yummy

Angel xx

charleyfarley
10-11-2008, 07:02 PM
Thanks Angel :thumbsup:

I've just got a book from the library with loads of goodies in for parents, will post some later.

Carol xx

angeldelight
18-11-2009, 07:45 AM
These are easy and great for the kids to make for christmas

Angel xxx

patevans
18-11-2009, 08:31 AM
We made these last year, will do them again as they were scrummy :thumbsup:

jellytot
18-11-2009, 12:51 PM
Fab idea I will be doing these as parent gifts off the children :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Blackhorse
18-11-2009, 02:20 PM
Hi Angel,

These sound great and a very nice idea to make..

but are we allowed to give the children raw egg? I thought that was a big no-no...I personally wouldnt mind but I though we were not allowed???

or are they not for eating and only decorations?

or are we ok with raw egg???

I am confused!!

madasahatter
18-11-2009, 04:56 PM
Drat...two of my mindees are allergic to raw egg....

I've just got a book from the library with loads of goodies in for parents, will post some later.

Carol xx

yes please!!

dobby
18-11-2009, 07:32 PM
I have to say I tried making these 2 years ago and the mix went all wrong, lots or mess and swearing (when kids out of earshot :p )

Then last year we had some ready made icing for our christmas cake left over so i had an idea. This will also cover the no raw egg problem nicely too :)

Rolled out icing then sprinkled peppermint flaovouring on. you can add green food colouring too if you want.

Then fold in 2 and roll again - repeat this until all floavouring and colour is throughly mixed - voila perfect peppermint icing for kids to use cutter on for desired stars/circles etc takes a few mins and alot less stress and mess :thumbsup:

funtoplay
18-11-2009, 07:40 PM
so glad you reminded me about these...have everything, so guess what we are making next week!

j