PDA

View Full Version : 8 year after school charges

Lily1971
19-10-2010, 07:25 AM
Hi

I'm new to the forum and a recently registered Childminder.

I have had my first enquiry - yippee! It's for an 8 year old, after school only on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Friday from school pick up until 6.30pm. I'm not sure whether she will be requiring holiday care too yet.

I was just wondering what to charge? I was also wondering what sort of things I would need to do with an 8 year old ie. help with homework? I know he wont be counted in my Ofsted numbers - is there any paperwork I need to do for him apart from getting mum to sign a few policies (I guess she doesn't have to sign all of my policies as some wont be applicable) and a contract?

Sorry for all the questions!

Thanks
Dee

singlera
19-10-2010, 10:53 AM
Its up to you how much you charge but I found out what the local after school clubs were charging and charged the same, only i include an evening meal if the child is with me after 5pm.
As for what to do with an 8 year old, homework yes, but offer them play time too. I found with my own and others after school needs to be a time to let rip too as far too much structure at school to be continued after school.
Paperwork- contract definate yes, permission forms and policies definate yes (covers yourself) I also do a weekly diary sheet for parents to sign to prove to OFSTED and the parents that I am not just sitting them down in front of th TV!
Good Luck:jump for joy: