PDA

View Full Version : Pre-reg Inspection = done!

happifeetJo
18-10-2010, 07:59 PM
Hi all,
I had my pre-reg inspection today and it went really well.... so pleased :) Mrs P was lovely, she was with me over 3 hours but it didn't feel that long!
I have one action to complete (gate in the garden needs lock replacing) and just waiting for my partners crb then i'm good to go :)
Just wanted to say to all those that are waiting for their inspection - it really isn't a test and it's nowhere near as bad as you think its going to be!
My advice would be to complete the 'preparing for your visit' booklet as almost everything she asked me was linked to that. Also, get familiar with the EYFS but don't stress about knowing everything, she was happy for me to read from both the booklet, notes i'd made and the EYFS.
I hadn't completed all my policies and procedures but the one's I hadn't done I made notes on what I intended to include and she was happy with that - having these done also really helps answering her questions!
She had a little walk around the house and we talked about which rooms I was going to use - that part took less than 5 minutes!
It is quite thorough but they really want to help you.

Wishing everyone lots of luck:thumbsup:
Jo xx

Pipsqueak
18-10-2010, 08:29 PM
Glad it was a positive experience:clapping:
now just waiting for the certificate:)

miffy
18-10-2010, 08:35 PM
Pleased it went well for you!

Hope your certificate comes through quickly

Miffy xx

Fraggle1
18-10-2010, 08:39 PM
Yeah! Glad it went well hun :) x

~Grasshopper~
19-10-2010, 10:18 AM
aww thats great, well done. i am soooo scared :) i only posted my application off on monday and my co-ordinator is coming to do a critical house check for me before ofsted. i have a millions things to do and think im going to have a break down soon im so stressed. poor dp is getting it in the neck.

xx

gazanne
19-10-2010, 10:21 AM
Well done chick. Good luck with childminding. xxx

atmkids
19-10-2010, 10:51 AM
Well done to you, I bet you can't wait to get started now :clapping:

animalsusan
19-10-2010, 01:43 PM
Hiya everyone

I have had a lengthy wait as I put my forms in just before the inspectors went to a private company. I had a phone call today to say the inspector could come out on Thursday.... in two days time. So now I am in a bit of a panic as I don't have much time to prepare. I will be so glad when this bit is over and done with.

It has put my mind at rest a bit, knowing that it wasnt that bad an experience.:rolleyes:

Sue