PDA

View Full Version : How long!!!!!!???

Libby08
18-10-2010, 10:53 AM
How long did your registration take? I have sent of all my forms and checks, done my icp, done first aid etc and i am just waiting for my CRB which has taken 8 weeks (so far) so hopefully not much longer!!
I started in July and was told 12 weeks but wanted to compare to others as everyone says its much longer than that! Ive called ofsted and been told theres no probs just waiting for Crb, called crb and they also said no probs and that it takes 4 wks but 10% of crbs take 10 weeks- has anyones been longer than 10 weeks?
Just want to get started as i took on a nanny job but told them I wanted to be childminding by Nov, as they wanted me to commit for a year (was told oct at latest so thought i was being safe but wouldnt have if id known) so they had to find someone else who's taking over asap so ill have no job again!
Sorry for rambling on!!

Toothfairy
18-10-2010, 03:01 PM
It took me 9 months to become registered from start to finish, but each person is different, some are quicker some take longer.

Hope yours comes through soon. :thumbsup:

kirste
18-10-2010, 04:52 PM
I started in July too and I have everything done except my pre reg visit which is on Monday next week and then I'm waiting for my partners CRB which will be 8 weeks on Wednesday.
So fingers crossed it will not be too much longer for either of us! :)

mrs_scottydog
18-10-2010, 05:12 PM
I started in January and was registered by mid August. My CRB forms were sent beginning of July. Hope you don't have to wait too much longer Hx

LilyBelles
18-10-2010, 07:27 PM
i sent off my application to ofsted in May and i am still chasing social service check and ofsted so im at 19weeks

gazanne
18-10-2010, 07:44 PM
Hi I went to my briefing session in July six weks later I had my reg cert. In derbyshire you can do your childminding course after so I start that in Nov. I did already have my first aid because i am a nurse.. good luck. I hope its not too long for you.

clio0602
18-10-2010, 08:04 PM
Took me 9mths from start to finish. Crb took 9wks x

Libby08
19-10-2010, 10:36 AM
thanks everyone, just hoping its not much longer! hopefully the crbs will be here within the next two weeks as it will be 10 weeks then, most people on here seem to have gotten there inspection call straight after the CRB clears. I have started to worry about my visit since finding this site! Ive always been told the visits fine, they are there to help you, etc but ive heard some stories on here of scary visits with real serious strict inspectors that have got me nervous now! Iv always worked in childcare so think i know my stuff ok but get nervous so any tips would help! Sure i'll have plenty of time to 'study' the way things are going!!