PDA

View Full Version : bathroom question

cristinatuscanu
15-10-2010, 10:45 PM
Hi,ladies,i wonder what do you do when going to the toillet with a mindee,do you take them all with you, let's say the toillet it's upstairs,do you keep the potty in the bathroom for those that use the potty?What to answer if ofsted asks this question?Where do you change nappies,do you use a special room or the bathroom?Sorry,i ask too much,but i need help:)

curlycathy
16-10-2010, 07:43 AM
I worried about this too when I started out. I only have an upstairs bathroom.

I don't take the others with me when I take a mindee up to toilet - I make sure the others are safely occupied. If necessary I've popped a little one into a buggy or car seat (the one you carry about) to keep them safe for a couple of minutes. I also found if you pop mindee on toilet - depending on age and ability - you can then pop onto landing and call down to the others to check they're ok (my bathroom is immediately at top of stairs).

Potties - I have one upstairs and one downstairs. When they are first starting to learn to use it they can't wait til we get upstairs. Its in the hall just outside the living room. I change nappies here too. It means the children have some privacy but I can still keep an eye on the others.

Don't worry too much about it. It does just work. Somehow! I just think that childminders are different to a nursery where there is a definite change area and not all of us have the space in our homes to have such a set up. Parents accept that and Ofsted too.

Hth x

gigglinggoblin
16-10-2010, 07:56 AM
I have just been asked if I would take a child to the toilet when I go to teach them how to go themselves and I refused on the grounds it could be a child protection issue. Dw agreed. Potty is upstairs but I would be willing to have one in the hallway for a child who was trained enough to know to use it when they needed, if I am taking them the whole time I dont see the need to have it accessible. I dont want one in the playroom, partly because I dont want the area around it stinky! Hallway floor is tiled so no problem

babs
16-10-2010, 10:58 AM
i dont go the toilet any more after i clicked that link on other thread i had a phobia before about snakes now :eek: :eek: :eek:

cristinatuscanu
16-10-2010, 11:18 AM
thank you so much for sharing your experiencies with me,that really helps,i change my lo nappy while standing,could i do that or they must lie down on a changing table?,maybe i worry to much:)

cristinatuscanu
16-10-2010, 11:21 AM
i dont go the toilet any more after i clicked that link on other thread i had a phobia before about snakes now :eek: :eek: :eek:

believe it or not i check every time i use the loo,just becouse i am afraid a big anaconda will pop out:blush: ,my husband said i am not normal:laughing:

Fraggle1
16-10-2010, 07:28 PM
Hiya!
I would just make sure other children were safe and occupied. however, when I had my pre-reg. she just wanted to make sure the area's were safe, she didn't even ask about where I would change etc... x

Happy Bunny
16-10-2010, 08:04 PM
what about snakes lol please enlighten me