PDA

View Full Version : Taking the plunge

nell57
09-04-2008, 03:44 PM
Well, decided to start local slimming world tonight, thought would try this diet because seems a lot more people doing this at the moment and might need some help and advice. Is it easy following red & green days? it sounds a little confusing.

Dreading getting on scales for the first time in years.

Helen

avril
09-04-2008, 04:01 PM
Yes, simple I lost 1.5 stone after having my first baby in 9wks and I found I was eating loads more than normal, also lost more weight doing green days than red days

Good luck :thumbsup:

Avril x:)

Tatia
09-04-2008, 04:56 PM
It's really simple once you get the hang of it. I would suggest you keep a food diary, though. Very important to make yourself writ it all down. Makes the world of difference to me.

Best of luck! Any questions, just ask.

Twinkles
09-04-2008, 06:10 PM
I went to a meeting once, the leader was rubbish and I came out not having a clue what I could and couldn't eat :( . Lots of people have said it's good though, I might give it another try.

avril
09-04-2008, 06:13 PM
It's really simple once you get the hang of it. I would suggest you keep a food diary, though. Very important to make yourself writ it all down. Makes the world of difference to me.

Best of luck! Any questions, just ask.

I did a food diary too, this was useful for keeping track of the syns I'd had.

Avril x:)

Alibali
09-04-2008, 06:21 PM
Don't forget to do measurements, cos sometimes you may not show a weight loss but the tape measure may show inches. Good luck.

Ali :)

angeldelight
09-04-2008, 07:59 PM
Just wanted to say good luck

Angel xx

Minnie Minx
09-04-2008, 08:04 PM
Good luck helen, you'll do a lot better at dieting then me lol

xx

nell57
09-04-2008, 08:35 PM
Thanks for the support ladies

Well i've been, need to lose at least 5 & half stone:o

The lady who took the class was very nice, but the diet does look very confusing and will take a while to get into. Will defo have to write a diary

Hubby going to follow it as well, he needs to lose a couple of stone, so wont be to bad.

Helen

deeb66
10-04-2008, 07:48 AM
I am sure you will get the hang of it pretty soon.

Good luck:thumbsup:

Pudding Girl
10-04-2008, 11:30 AM
Give yourself a month, you will find it confusing at first, but then it'll suddenly click, and a month down the line, you'll be offering advice to new starters yourself :)

Just concentrate on the red/green thing, do not even look at Success Express or Mix 2 max till you are really comfortable with the plan and know it inside out.

Read your book as many trimes as you have to - I am still learning new stuff 5 months down the line, like what you can have as Healthy Extras lol! Write down EVERYTHING you eat, and show it to the leader, who can check you are doing ok - it really is important, even better is if you sit down day before and PLAN what you are going to eat, and work out what is free, what is synned and what is HE.

Best of luck :)

Any help you need, post, there is a fair few of us on SW now and we can all help you.

charleyfarley
10-04-2008, 11:33 AM
Just wanted to say good luck Helen.

Carol xx

ruby
10-04-2008, 04:19 PM
good luck Helen

I am sure you will soon get the hang of it

cathy

cathy

nell57
16-04-2008, 03:53 PM
Been for first weigh in and lost 6lb:jump for joy:

I know it the first week and this is where will power comes in, to stay on track, but really enjoying the diet after struggling for the first few days

Hope everyone else is doing Ok

Helen:)

deeb66
17-04-2008, 08:59 AM
Well done Helen

That is brillaint

Keep up the good work

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Tatia
17-04-2008, 09:01 AM
Oh wow, SIX POUNDS?!!!:clapping:

I have to say that SW is really awesome. My hubsnad was looking at my cheesy jacket potato saying "how on earth can that be a diet?" But it works! And the proof is in the pudding. Ummm, the syn-free pudding, anyway.:D

Tatia
17-04-2008, 09:01 AM
I meant to ask, what sort of days are you doing, Nell?

I love green but lose better with original.

nell57
17-04-2008, 03:34 PM
I meant to ask, what sort of days are you doing, Nell?

I love green but lose better with original.

Same here mostly green days, that fits in easier family wise, feeding hubby and 15 years old son as well (son does swim training 5 days a week so needs his carbs)

i've started to quite enjoy it now not craved Thai chili crisps or haribos yet, is that normal:eek: so somethings working

Helen

Tatia
18-04-2008, 03:00 PM
30 gram bag of Ryvita minis - sweet chili flavour count as a healthy B and they are lovely. I normally hate Ryvita but these are really nice with a bit of a kick. Might help when you're craving Thai chili crisps.

Tatia
18-04-2008, 03:01 PM
Wish I could kick my haribo habit! I love them. Chewy, yummy goodness.:D