PDA

View Full Version : Choosing a subject

Pipsqueak
14-10-2010, 08:31 PM
First assignment coming up and its picking a subject.

We have to critically examine (of course) a recent national policy (relating to the sector that impacts on EY practice).

I was thinking along the links of Sure Start or Multi Agency Working or even Workforce Reform.

What are your thoughts on one of these three choices.
I can link all of them directly to my practice and impact and of course directly back to ECM (via Children Act etc)

Other choices are:
2yr old pilot scheme

Blaze
14-10-2010, 08:58 PM
I would go with multi agency working personally (I might well do when I get to where you are)!;)

You can link in:
EYFS
Contact Point
CAF
ECM

...off the top of my head!
:thumbsup:

Lou
14-10-2010, 09:03 PM
I think Contact point has been scrapped but other than that i agree with Blaze x

Blaze
14-10-2010, 09:04 PM
Not yet is hasn't - it's under review - so it's gonna be!

Lou
14-10-2010, 09:06 PM
Perhaps its just in my area then? I definatly got an email about it yesterday at work......will check tomorrow.

Blaze
14-10-2010, 09:15 PM
Lou you are probably better informed than I- I was told that it has been suspended whilst under review - that is to say the info as it was when suspended can be accessed but has not been updated since then IYSWIM
Having never used it & only knowing the basics I would bow to your position!:)

Lou
14-10-2010, 09:22 PM
Do not bow T, you are probably better informed than me!!!!!

I will double check tomorrow, perhaps the email was about it being suspended whilst under review....i did read it i promise its just been such a busy week......:blush:

Blaze
14-10-2010, 09:25 PM
:laughing: ...probably best if I don't bow anyway - I may not be able to get up !:blush: :D

Blaze
18-10-2010, 11:18 AM
Have you chosen yet Pip? x

Tatia
21-10-2010, 09:03 PM
Ooooooh, choose Surestart!! :laughing:

Seriously, multi-agency and inter-disciplinary working are fascinating areas of study. You could discuss where the idea sprang from (Victoria Climbie) and critically evaluate not only the theory (which is sound) but the actual practice (which still needs improving - Baby P). In fact, you should deffo mention Children's Centres as they are all about multi-agency partnerships and links (the good ones are!! ;) ).

Most government agencies, such as Health and JobCentre Plus, now have a statutory obligation to build links with Children's Centres.

Am I too late to chip in? Have you already chosen?

Trouble
21-10-2010, 09:12 PM
i think you have it covered xxxx:D

Pipsqueak
21-10-2010, 09:12 PM
I haven't choosen my diss. subject yet.

Have just decided on the Context and Policy module assignment though and its going to be Early Intervention.

I am just in the throes of writing a formal complaint to my local CC about their pathetic notion of 'working in partnership' and their treatment of other professionals.
I have looked at doing SureStart as i know there is a wealth of info out there.

still undecided but I would like to keep it close to childminding if possible.