PDA

View Full Version : Jabadao

MissTinkerbell
09-04-2008, 02:30 PM
Hi everyone,

Just had my first visit from my childcare advisor. I've got booked on the ICP - first session tomorrow night!!!!!!!

Anyway as part of my start-up grant apparently I need to do 4 courses in my first 12 months. Obviously child protection is one and I need to then do 3 more. I've looked through the training booklet and to be honest as an ex-teacher I've done loads on the EYFS so am a bit stuck as to what to choose.

I've found one entitled 'Jabadao - Developmental Movement Play' which sounds 'interesting'. Anyone come across this and what is it like?

There's also one on documentation - is it worth it or is most of it common sense?

Also found one entitled 'Creating an Environment that Encourages Positive Behaviour' - any thoughts?

Thanks

nell57
09-04-2008, 03:02 PM
Do you need to do first aid course?

And food hygiene course would be a good one

Helen:)

MissTinkerbell
09-04-2008, 03:03 PM
Have to do first aid but that's not included in the 4 - that's a must do along with the ICP.

Did think about food hygiene though.

sarah707
09-04-2008, 03:11 PM
Food hygiene... behaviour management... anything about disability or equal opportunities... outside play is a biggie of the moment with eyfs... Jabadao sounds interesting, you could let us all know about it! :D

avril
09-04-2008, 03:38 PM
What about health and safety, It sounds quite interesting and covers risk assessments which can also be a separate course all of it's own so you could cover 2 areas in one go!!:clapping:

I've booked a health and safety course for September, nothing like looking to the future hey!?:laughing:

Avril x:)

Tatia
09-04-2008, 05:00 PM
Fire and risk assessment is a biggie. I'd do that along with food hygiene and safeguarding children (formerly child protection) and then the one you're keen on, jabado. I've never heard of it but it sounds really interesting.

I love shopping for courses to take, especially if they're free!:D

MissTinkerbell
09-04-2008, 05:36 PM
Trouble is the only courses they're really offereing are EYFS - no health and safety, risk assessment, behaviour, etc. Don't fancy doing any EYFS courses as I did 4 whilst teaching.

I might do the Jabadao (might google it) and the positive environment, the child protection and then wait for new booklet for Spring 2009 to see if anything different!

Thanks for your help.

MissTinkerbell
09-04-2008, 05:53 PM
Have googled and it sounds really good:

Developmental Movement Play – a definition

Developmental Movement Play is a new approach for early years settings emphasising two important aspects of movement:
• Opportunities for children to indulge in free-flow, child-led, spontaneous movement play
• Attention to specific early movement patterns and activities that appear to prompt neurological development. These are innate and occur naturally in all children given good health and appropriate opportunities

Developmentally significant activities within the whole are deemed to be:
• Floor play: (on backs and on tummies)
• Belly Crawling
• Crawling
• Spinning-tipping-tilting-falling
• Pushing-pulling-stretching-hanging

Def going to try and get on this course - seems that Ofsted have been very impressed by the results of pre-schools/schools adopting this technique.

tulip0803
09-04-2008, 05:58 PM
On the course I have been doing They mentioned Jabadao as part of the movement module but They couldn't give us any info and I couldn't find any on the web other than people who say they have had the training. We all thought it sounded good but it seems to be a secret society so when you do the course let us all know about it.:)

It is to do with expressing communication through movement and dance. it is used for children and the elderly too successfully. Supposed to be really good.
It is something that I treid to find out about but couldn't get any info:(

Oops started writing before you posted again

miffy
10-04-2008, 06:52 AM
Have googled and it sounds really good:

Developmental Movement Play – a definition

Developmental Movement Play is a new approach for early years settings emphasising two important aspects of movement:
• Opportunities for children to indulge in free-flow, child-led, spontaneous movement play
• Attention to specific early movement patterns and activities that appear to prompt neurological development. These are innate and occur naturally in all children given good health and appropriate opportunities

Developmentally significant activities within the whole are deemed to be:
• Floor play: (on backs and on tummies)
• Belly Crawling
• Crawling
• Spinning-tipping-tilting-falling
• Pushing-pulling-stretching-hanging

Def going to try and get on this course - seems that Ofsted have been very impressed by the results of pre-schools/schools adopting this technique.

That sounds very interesting hope you can get on it

miffy xx

deeb66
14-04-2008, 12:28 PM
Sounds really interesting.

I hope you manage to get booked on to it and then you can come and tell us all about it :thumbsup: