PDA

View Full Version : Certificate in EYFS Practice

singlera
14-10-2010, 10:45 AM
Anyone else doing this course? What are your opinions of it?

Carol M
14-10-2010, 05:57 PM
I have just done it as I did my level 3 before EYFS. This course updated my qualification. I really enjoyed it and it does make you think about your practice. I t helped me in my reflective writing. I also liked the fact that there were nursery staff, teachers, charity workers, after school club ladies and childminders on the course and there was some interesting discussion about practice.
I definitely think it's a good course.
Carol xx

buildingblocks
27-10-2010, 07:41 AM
I did this when the EYFS first came into place and would recommend doing it to anyone.

I have to admit it was a shock as I have two level 3's (NNEB and CCP) and thought it would be easy. But it was the best thing I did to help me understand the EYFS and even if I had failed it would have been worth doing.

Andrea08
27-10-2010, 07:55 AM
sounds good but if you have the nvq3 its not funded, does any1 know how much it is or is there an e-learning?

x

hello kitty
27-10-2010, 11:18 AM
I completed this course last January and already held an NVQ3 CCLD which was a pre-requisite for doing the course.

Very interesting course, I feel I have a much better knowledge of the EYFS than before but it was much, much more intensive than the CCLD as you had to do Walk and Talks, have observations and write reflective accounts.

Carol M
27-10-2010, 11:38 AM
sounds good but if you have the nvq3 its not funded, does any1 know how much it is or is there an e-learning?

x

My LA funded 75% so I paid £128
Carol xx

Andrea08
27-10-2010, 04:13 PM
My LA funded 75% so I paid £128
Carol xx

thanks carol, as funding is cut in LA and early yrs ill wait n see if it will become available again, but the comments sound good xx