PDA

View Full Version : Help! New Level 3 Diploma Understnd how to set up a home-based childcare service

nb73
13-10-2010, 07:54 AM
Has anyone else started this new course? I have attended 3 sessions now, still have not got our log-in's to start out assignments from NCMA, still have no handbook as it hasn't yet been printed, and have now been informed all 9 assignments have to be in by end of December! We got given 5 of them last night, but without the handbook and actual log-in's, its a bit difficult to try and do?!! Anyone else in a similar postion? Thanks! x

RainbowBright
17-10-2010, 10:53 AM
Hiya I have just started it. we have just done the first session (doing 3 in total) and already got 3 lots of assignments to do- we are having the same problem as the textbooks are not avsailable yet- we've been told just to "do what we can" and "tweek it" when we get the books. alternatively the course tutor said that we don't have to use those books any recent publications will help us along with the internet. We too have until the end of December to submit work. How's it going for you? I am just starting mine today! Lots of reading!

Good luck!

Pipsqueak
17-10-2010, 12:52 PM
Well thats bad, how on earth can you get on without the tools.
I would put a complaint in writing to the tutor.

miffy
17-10-2010, 12:56 PM
That's very poor - the tutor isn't supporting you, just passing the buck.

Put a complaint in to the college and ask them to take it up with the examining board - if the course materials are not available they should extend the deadlines

Miffy xx

nb73
17-10-2010, 01:27 PM
Thanks for all your help and advice ladies. This is run by our local NCMA, the tutor tells us weekly she is chasing up for our log-on's / books (which haven't yet been published!!), and the deadline for the 9 assignments has been moved back from November to December. We only have 5 sessions left to attend, so it will be a miracle if we all pass! As the diploma is run by Cache, would they be able to help? I don't know where to start! Wish it was the old diploma, least it was only an exam at the end!

RainbowBright
17-10-2010, 06:51 PM
Yes its run through the local FIS and has an NCMA tutor, we can work without the books but surely if they are being printed for this purpose then they are going to be specific to our needs. Mine is the 6th course like this to run-really they should have put them on hold until they had the materials!

Gonna get on and do what I can and leave it unti lthe last few weeks to submit and hope in the mean time the books are published and sent to us!

Complaint coming on though I think