PDA

View Full Version : Net Mums/ Is EYFS a good thing?

Stormy
12-10-2010, 09:50 PM
Hi,
Not sure how to put a link on here but there is a chance to put your views forward to Dame Clare Tickell. Your opinon of the EYFS.
It opened yesterday and many childminders , nursery workers, teachers and parents have put their view forward.
I recommend you take a look when you have a chance.

Wendy x

Chatterbox Childcare
12-10-2010, 10:03 PM
Can you put a link on please to the site?

marian
13-10-2010, 09:11 AM
http://www.netmums.com/coffeehouse/live-webchats-657/dame-clare-tickell-asks-0-5-curriculum-good-thing-704/480522-hello-dame-clare-tickell-2.html
Very interesting.....

Marian x

Chatterbox Childcare
13-10-2010, 09:24 AM
Thank you for this information

I can see why people are against it but the mum who wants her child to bring home work because others do obviously doesn't understand play

keeks
13-10-2010, 11:43 AM
It's really interesting to read peoples views on this matter. I agree with the post that said it is not actually the EYFS that is the problem, but the local authorities that interpret it and then put a huge workload on childcare settings.

xx

Chatterbox Childcare
13-10-2010, 08:32 PM
I notice from the conversation that there are a lot of teachers who don't like the EYFS and other settings that do.

Particularly there is one of a teacher who is now a childminder and I think she is doing too much.

I just let mine play!

Hebs
14-10-2010, 08:21 AM
I notice from the conversation that there are a lot of teachers who don't like the EYFS and other settings that do.

Particularly there is one of a teacher who is now a childminder and I think she is doing too much.

I just let mine play!

it seems some of them are doing FAR too much paperwork, no way would i be up til gone midnight doing paperwork!!! :panic:

Ripeberry
14-10-2010, 10:01 AM
I've added my two pennies worth, #76 :rolleyes: