PDA

View Full Version : Have been reading about cuttlebugs today

miss mopple
12-10-2010, 04:14 PM
and now I know what they are I NEED one!!

I'm slowly getting into card making and these look fab. I just know it would make my so far sorry efforts :blush: look so much better :laughing:

Any paper crafters know the best place to buy one? Need a good deal as I am skint at the minute but may just have to sneak this little purchase past DH ;)

Beetlejuice
12-10-2010, 04:16 PM
LOL I just saw your facebook status! I'm going to have to google it as no idea what it is. I have a Sizzix Big Shot which I love but it's hard to find time for crafting :(

miss mopple
12-10-2010, 04:25 PM
Haven't looked at the sizzix- is that really good then? I am rubbish at card making but really want to get better as I do enjoy it. If recent events have taught me one thing V it's to make time for the things we enjoy as life's too short not to live it doing the things we love :)

Beetlejuice
12-10-2010, 04:37 PM
(((hugs))) lovey - I hear ya. Just panicking about impending NVQ deadline and Ofsted inspection (though not until March/June respectively) !!!

SamBaker
12-10-2010, 04:41 PM
I have always wanted one of these too, not sure the best place to get one. Joanna Sheen? She always seems resonable, if she sells them. I havnt been able to make cards for ages, with setting up the childminding, and all my friends gave up so got abit boring doing it by myself. Love to see what you do.
Hope you find one if not put it on your Chrissy list!

SamBaker
12-10-2010, 04:45 PM
Oooh what about ebay? Maybe someone's selling second hand?

mummyof3
12-10-2010, 05:53 PM
I buy bundles of sizzix pieces from ebay to do card making with it keeps the cost down as I don't get much chance anymore to do anything other than paperwork :rolleyes:

Twinkles
12-10-2010, 07:31 PM
I have a cuttle bug. I got it for Christmas 2/3 years ago ( at my request ) and it's still in it's box. Life just got too busy.

Anyone live near Redhill want to borrow it let me know :thumbsup:

Pipsqueak
12-10-2010, 07:40 PM
no you have all lost me.....

I know what cuttlefish are though .....:laughing:

Carpet Monkeys
12-10-2010, 07:41 PM
I love my Cuttlebug, and purchasing the dies off ebay is far cheaper than anywhere else! I'll pm you where I got mine from, as it was the cheapest place I could find :)

PixiePetal
12-10-2010, 08:21 PM
I have a Big Shot :thumbsup:

Don't make as many cards as I used to as paperwork has taken over my evenings :rolleyes: but still have time for a few every now and then.

Need to make up a stockpile for a charity sale again soon - have donated about £500 to my local hospice after last two sales :) Spent a fortune in craft stuff but find it so relaxing :thumbsup:

Be ready to become addicted - in a healthy way (but not for your purse!)

Mcgons
12-10-2010, 08:34 PM
I do scrapbooking and use a lot of craft shops advertised on ukscrappers for my stuff and you can post on the forum to ask who has one at a good price.

I'd like the Making Memories Slice or a machine that attaches to the computer so I don't have to keep buying dies. But waiting til I have the cash!

Not done scrapbooking for ages, though could easily go a bit OTT with my learning journals if I didn't stop myself!:)

caz3007
12-10-2010, 08:48 PM
I love my cuttlebug. I bought it a couple of years ago with some money my grandad left me, so it will its sentimental to me too. I love the embossing folders and use them lots.

I try and cardmake and scrapbook, but find it hard to find the time at the moment

chibault
12-10-2010, 11:27 PM
I have a cuttlebug, it's fab! It also takes lots of different makes of dies, whereas some of the other embossing and diecutting machines you are limited to that brand only.

If you buy a cuttle bug, do search around for a good deal, but buy it new otherwise you'll have to replace the plastic plates.

Oh and one last thing a cuttlebug is really dinky to store, it folds up neatly, so another good reason to get this make. Worth speaking to someone who crafts to see what they think would work best for your needs.

It great for making Christmas cards by the way!