PDA

View Full Version : What would you charge?

mummyof3
12-10-2010, 11:44 AM
I've a parent visiting on friday about childcare for her baby. She wants care every day from 9am - 3pm would you charge a full day or half day and add an hour? My half day is up to 5hrs so would need to add an extra hour to the half fees. I'm thinking its easier to charge a full day but don't want to put the parent off!

Thanks in advance :D

Lady Haha
12-10-2010, 12:09 PM
Really, you should charge for the whole day as you will find it near impossible to get another mindee to fit in with the other hours (unless you do after schoolers who are term time only). A nursery would charge for the whole day, but like you said, it's hard to find the balance as you don't want to scare her off!

Maybe a higher hourly rate to reflect the fact that you won't be able to fill the other hours? Not so much that it would equal a whole day's fees, but enough not to scare her off and that you are happy to work for?

Pipsqueak
12-10-2010, 12:13 PM
Really, you should charge for the whole day as you will find it near impossible to get another mindee to fit in with the other hours (unless you do after schoolers who are term time only). A nursery would charge for the whole day, but like you said, it's hard to find the balance as you don't want to scare her off!

Maybe a higher hourly rate to reflect the fact that you won't be able to fill the other hours? Not so much that it would equal a whole day's fees, but enough not to scare her off and that you are happy to work for?

what she said:D :thumbsup: agreed

mummyof3
12-10-2010, 12:45 PM
Fits in perfect as I have under 8s after school so I can only take during the day that is not affecting school time!!

Thanks I'll do that then :D

Now I've just got to decide whether I want another under 2 or not :laughing:

Chatterbox Childcare
12-10-2010, 01:14 PM
My school hours rate is £25.00 plus food and outings.

Like you point out I have others before and after school that combined make a good day rate

little chickee
12-10-2010, 01:41 PM
I would just charge for the hours used - so 6 hours at my usual rate.

Lady Haha
12-10-2010, 04:49 PM
Fits in perfect as I have under 8s after school so I can only take during the day that is not affecting school time!!

Thanks I'll do that then :D

Now I've just got to decide whether I want another under 2 or not :laughing:

Do you have all the schoolies in holidays as well though? As obviously if you did, you would be double booking a place!

mummyof3
12-10-2010, 05:32 PM
No I don't have them all in the holidays so place would be fine :D