PDA

View Full Version : Retainer for September 2011

claire'scherubs
11-10-2010, 08:40 PM
An enquiry for September next year coming to see me next week.

Ive never worked this far ahead before so was wondering if you can give me some guidelines for a retainer, I assume you would? Thanks in advance

Lou
11-10-2010, 08:46 PM
Personally, and bear in mind i am no longer a childminder but was for a long time and now use one!!

I would probably give all the details of service etc and then tell them to contact me nearer the time.

Since it is nearly a year away, i am presuming baby isnt born in which case you cant atke any money off them yet anyway.

I doubt anyone woud want to pay a retainer for a year, and if they did you would probably only be able to ask for 50% and what if you end up turning people away that could be paying 100%!!!

Just things to think about xx

claire'scherubs
11-10-2010, 08:49 PM
Thanks for that Lou. No it isn't a baby, it a reception after schoolie, sorry should have put that in the orginal thread

MAWI
11-10-2010, 08:53 PM
I have been contacted and had visits from parents wanting a place for Next November ( madness) baby not born yet. they have visited other nurseries and minders but decided on me.
I have explained that I cannot except any deposit and cannot retain a place that is not yet available. I have verbally agreed that when baby is born they can pay a Deposit ( not a retainer). Then when I have a place available ( next september) they can decide if they want to sign contracts and pay retainer etc..

I have just said the best thing is to wait until baby is born because anything can happen ( on both sides) and then just keep in touch until a place becomes available.

it is a bit crazy having to think that far ahead. I guess you have to decide if it fits in with your current spaces. Im quite lucky because I know I will not have nay spaces until next september and so can say to them that thats the earliest I can look at chaaging a retainer.

Good luck with it

Lou
11-10-2010, 08:59 PM
Thanks for that Lou. No it isn't a baby, it a reception after schoolie, sorry should have put that in the orginal thread

Sorry ok in that case i would say give them all the information, and tell them to contact you nearer the time to see if you have space.

Believe me they will not not want to pay a retainer for a year....would you?

claire'scherubs
11-10-2010, 09:03 PM
No I definately would not!!!! As a parent who used to use childminder I would have been seriously peeved off, and certainly wouldn't have been this organised lol. Thanks I think that is what I will do x

juejue
11-10-2010, 09:31 PM
[QUOTE=MAWI;795836]I have been contacted and had visits from parents wanting a place for Next November ( madness) baby not born yet. they have visited other nurseries and minders but decided on me.
I have explained that I cannot except any deposit and cannot retain a place that is not yet available. I have verbally agreed that when baby is born they can pay a Deposit ( not a retainer). Then when I have a place available ( next september) they can decide if they want to sign contracts and pay retainer etc..

I have just said the best thing is to wait until baby is born because anything can happen ( on both sides) and then just keep in touch until a place becomes available.

it is a bit crazy having to think that far ahead. I guess you have to decide if it fits in with your current spaces. Im quite lucky because I know I will not have nay spaces until next september and so can say to them that thats the earliest I can look at chaaging a retainer.

Good luck with it[/QUOTE
This was exactly the same as me. mum was still carrying the baby. I told her to come back when she was going back to work. Never took any retainer. Just incase I couldn't give her a place. but I have her LO now he is nearly 2. Had him just over 12 mths.

gemmakelkcm
12-10-2010, 09:02 AM
hey. im quite new to all this and was wondering what the standard retainer fee usually is... im holding places until Jan 2011, i dont want to ask too much because the mum hasnt gone back to work yet, i dont want to put her off altogether x