PDA

View Full Version : serioulsy thinking of giving up..

mr man
11-10-2010, 07:36 PM
ive mentioned before how i dont seem to be getting anywhere, and given my financial state now, i really need to find a job.

i done it all, courses done got certificates and had pre reg visit, got great vibes from that. all great then. that was 4 weeks ago now, and and still nothing.

ofsted have been chasing this up for the last 2 weeks and still nothing, despite regualr calls to them and also Prospects. prospects compuers down again today, and still no returned call.

i seriously cannot afford to wait any longer. i have advertised and still nothing, so im goona go crawling back to my old job tomorrow to see if i can rejoin them.

gutted.com

curlycathy
11-10-2010, 07:44 PM
Big hugs I'm so sorry things aren't working out at the moment, I'm sure it will get sorted soon.

Could you go back to your old job just as a temporary thing and carry on advertising? Or work part-time til the childminding takes off?

Don't really know what to say except that I'm thinking about you and hope it all works out. So frustrating when we do everything we're supposed to and others just mess it up for us!

Big hugs xxx

Mookins
11-10-2010, 07:45 PM
what is it youre watingfor hun, think i missedyourother thread

xxx

keeks
11-10-2010, 08:01 PM
If you can't get a temporary employment with your old job, could you do temping through an agency? I'm getting a bit nervous too as I need to resign before half term to be able to leave at Christmas, and it all seems to be taking forever.

I really hope you find a solution that works for you!!!

xxx

mr man
12-10-2010, 09:03 AM
thanks for the positive vibes. :)

the only thing they are missing is the tool kit(pre reg visit report) from the inspector. They said to me a few times they dont know why its taking so long, and they have been contacting prospects to see why, or if any news.

well i had an idea but it was not for me to say. bascially whilst i had my inspection Mrs P had some sad news, so i can understand why it would not be submitted within resonable time. i never told Ofsted this because i felt it not my place to do so.
i think ive done the wrong thing now, becasue Ofsted have just rang me now, and the same thing they know nothing more than yesterday and they are chasing it up. well i told them not in great detail that i do ahve understanding why it may be delayed but not this long. i do hope ive not jsut casued problems but they were wondering?? and i did have an idea why. its been the full four weeks and still nothing. Be fair to Ofsted they have kept in regualr contact about this.

the annoying thing is, i know of two other childminders who have had the pre reg visit with the same Mrs P and also a someone today is having their visit now, literally. The visits are happneing but the reports not submitted - or mine anyway. iykwim.:rolleyes:

Ofsted have said that once they ahve the tool kit they will post out the certificate that day recorded. or email it to me. so it literally is just this dam tool kit, in the last 4 weeks thats all they need. argghhh

plus i parked my car by the shops here, with my nice new banner in the back window, bit of advertising . i got a call:eek: only to say i'd forgot to put my hand brake on and a guy was holding my car from other cars. YIKES - ive never ran so fast in my life. :p

Mookins
12-10-2010, 09:17 AM
thanks for the positive vibes. :)

the only thing they are missing is the tool kit(pre reg visit report) from the inspector. They said to me a few times they dont know why its taking so long, and they have been contacting prospects to see why, or if any news.

well i had an idea but it was not for me to say. bascially whilst i had my inspection Mrs P had some sad news, so i can understand why it would not be submitted within resonable time. i never told Ofsted this because i felt it not my place to do so.
i think ive done the wrong thing now, becasue Ofsted have just rang me now, and the same thing they know nothing more than yesterday and they are chasing it up. well i told them not in great detail that i do ahve understanding why it may be delayed but not this long. i do hope ive not jsut casued problems but they were wondering?? and i did have an idea why. its been the full four weeks and still nothing. Be fair to Ofsted they have kept in regualr contact about this.

the annoying thing is, i know of two other childminders who have had the pre reg visit with the same Mrs P and also a someone today is having their visit now, literally. The visits are happneing but the reports not submitted - or mine anyway. iykwim.:rolleyes:

Ofsted have said that once they ahve the tool kit they will post out the certificate that day recorded. or email it to me. so it literally is just this dam tool kit, in the last 4 weeks thats all they need. argghhh

plus i parked my car by the shops here, with my nice new banner in the back window, bit of advertising . i got a call:eek: only to say i'd forgot to put my hand brake on and a guy was holding my car from other cars. YIKES - ive never ran so fast in my life. :p

omg:eek:

bless your heart...mind you im a firm believer in great things come to those who wait, i think with this run of bad luck you will soon be up and running and bursting at the seems

big hugs hun, dont give up youre so close

xxx