PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone watching single father

ajs
10-10-2010, 08:32 PM
with David Tennant

i am sitting here in floods of tears

sue m
10-10-2010, 08:38 PM
Oh no. I'm recording it. Is it that bad? Sad?

RachelE
10-10-2010, 08:39 PM
I'm watching it! :(

Its so sad isnt it? It makes you think and appreciate what you have.

Rachel x

LOOPYLISA
10-10-2010, 08:41 PM

Me too :thumbsup:

ajs
10-10-2010, 08:41 PM

sad yes very sad, and yes it does make you appreciate what you've got

joshie
10-10-2010, 08:53 PM
OMG its so sad, what with my hormones these tears arent stopping at all!!!!

ajs
10-10-2010, 08:56 PM
neither are mine

my hubby keeps walking in and laughing at me and going out again.

haribo
10-10-2010, 09:07 PM
i tried to watch . didnt realise what was going to happen :( turned it off its too close to home x

jellytot
10-10-2010, 09:17 PM
watched and was also tearful, really does make you think.

on a diff note what a gorgeous house.....

sweets
10-10-2010, 09:21 PM
am so annoyed as meant to video it but forgot! will see if its on catch up tommorrow.

by the way, do you still say 'video' it nowadays? lol. shouldnt we say plus it? or digitally recorded it? videoing just doesn't sound right! lol.

LOOPYLISA
10-10-2010, 09:26 PM
am so annoyed as meant to video it but forgot! will see if its on catch up tommorrow.

by the way, do you still say 'video' it nowadays? lol. shouldnt we say plus it? or digitally recorded it? videoing just doesn't sound right! lol.

We done a car boot sale a few weeks ago, hubs said take the videos, i said no who has videos anymore (we do btw) do you know what out of the dvd's we took, it was the videos that sold :thumbsup:

Cazz
10-10-2010, 09:26 PM
I watched it and cried through most of it as well!

Sunday nights are when I get the lounge and TV to myself after the kids have gone to bed, so I'm glad hubby wasn't here.

It's one of those programmes that make you realise you should live for the moment and don't take for granted what you've got.

And also reminded me that we really must make wills :panic: - I keep putting it off because I hate to think about things like that but I know that's really bad when we've got 3 young kids :(

loocyloo
11-10-2010, 06:57 AM
i cried and cried.

welling up now just thinking about it.

thought it was excellent.

PS i love david tennant even more now!

miffy
11-10-2010, 06:58 AM
Thought it was brilliant - love Suranne Jones but never watched David Tennant before (now wondering why not! ).

Can't wait for the next episode but definitely one to watch without hubby interrupting!

Miffy xx

Alibali
11-10-2010, 10:19 AM
I must be hard as nails, didn't cry at all!!

miss mopple
11-10-2010, 11:37 AM
We watched it. DH wasn't sure I'd want to as I've just lost my own Dad as some of you know, but I really enjoyed it, and from a technical point of view I thought the acting was superb. They really showed the range of emotions well IMO. Hubby enjoyed it too but was :angry: about the way the police reacted when they pulled him over (hubby is a police officer) as no way in a million years would they have driven off and left him in those circumstances.

Looking forward to episode 2 now :clapping:

HomefromHome
11-10-2010, 11:41 AM
We watched it. DH wasn't sure I'd want to as I've just lost my own Dad as some of you know, but I really enjoyed it, and from a technical point of view I thought the acting was superb. They really showed the range of emotions well IMO. Hubby enjoyed it too but was :angry: about the way the police reacted when they pulled him over (hubby is a police officer) as no way in a million years would they have driven off and left him in those circumstances.

that is exactly what i thought - they would never leave a person as emotional as that on the side of a dual carriageway!!!!!!!!!

Ripeberry
11-10-2010, 12:45 PM
Missed it :( Will have to see it on BBC i player later today :)

sarah707
11-10-2010, 06:14 PM
I was going to watch it on iplayer later.

Is it really sad then? :(

Ripeberry
11-10-2010, 09:12 PM
Just seen it on i player. Never blubbed so much for ages :( Very good acting from Tennant (as always).

ajs
11-10-2010, 09:46 PM

that's exactly what i said to my dh you'd think they see him home safely at least