PDA

View Full Version : All my hard work stolen.

em29
07-10-2010, 07:04 PM
Well this is a moan but - i am doing NVQ3 CCLD and my friend is doing the same. We had the assessor over and as she met us together she said if we were happy to be assessed at the same time then that is what she will do. So, she set us all our work and my friend was really struggling. So we did notes together to get it sorted. Then I see her 2 days before work was due and she complained that she didnt know how to write it and could she look at mine for an idea. :(
I knew what was coming and felt mean witholding so I said have a read. Now, it took me two solid evenings to do my work and I am already quite up on it as I have a degree and am used to writing. She took my work into her house and when I collected 2 hours later she said " Ive done it all ...thanks. Oh and my husband is doing the other assignement for me as I dont know how to use the computer":mad:
Then, she didnt let me see her work but handed to the assessor. I just caught a glimpse and instantly realised it was almost identical wording. I cant believe i spent two nights on it for her to copy in 2 hours flat and get husband to do the rest.

I have to be strong and not give my work again BUT we see each other most days and work together alot and she expects me to help her as she didnt finish school and finds it tough (which I understand).....:panic:

Andrea08
07-10-2010, 07:09 PM
oh dear thats sad but i think your assessor will know its your work and prob guide her for the next part..

dont take your file to hers and ask to be assessed on your own

give her help as a good friend would but not your work and talk her through it after all she should not be qualified as a level 3 if she can't do it its "Cheeting"

i am proud of my qualifications because i did them myself

food luck hun

nannymcflea
07-10-2010, 08:15 PM
Firstly the assessor should not be doing this together, no other setting would allow this.(me and another minder were told this was a big no no)

Secondly make sure the assessor knows yours is the original as one of you is probably about to get done for plagerism!

Pipsqueak
07-10-2010, 08:36 PM
Oh how awful is that. I am so sorry that your friend has abused your friendship in this manner- perhaps though she doesn't realise what she has done is plagerism (cheating).

Mookins
07-10-2010, 08:43 PM
omg....grrrr not on

id be very miffed an def be having words with assessor!!!

xxxx

The Juggler
07-10-2010, 09:35 PM
i would sit your friend down and explain how upset you are. tell her you don't mind her reading to get some ideas on how to structure assignments but just rewording what you have done is out of order.

Tell her how long it took you:angry: :angry: at the end of the day she won't have the understanding you have as she's just copied it.

Playmate
07-10-2010, 09:52 PM
Firstly the assessor should not be doing this together, no other setting would allow this.(me and another minder were told this was a big no no)

Secondly make sure the assessor knows yours is the original as one of you is probably about to get done for plagerism!

I agree with this, when Mick and I were doing ours we were not allowed to be assessed at the same time, even the health and safety walk and talk which was exactly the same, had to be done on 2 seperate days :rolleyes:

em29
08-10-2010, 05:25 AM
I did think it quite odd when she she said she can assess and observe us at the same time. She uses a dictaphone and takes notes as she observes us both. I will have a word with the assessor next time she comes. She said there are no problems with assessing together as we are each doing our own thing and will have separate obs and assessments.

The assessor I think is aware that I have more understanding as she keeps saying 'you wont be at the same stages' - and hopefully she will start setting different questions for us. We have a couple of different ones already so i will NOT be offering my work. I also told her to buy text book because then she wont have to ask me as I am not always right anyway!!! I am playing cards very close to chest - i don't mind helping but I am not doing my own as well as someone else's NVQ as it is misleading in her qualifications!:mad:

miffy
08-10-2010, 07:05 AM
I think this assessor is trying to make her life easier by assessing you together. I don't think she should be doing that at all.

Plagerism is a bit no-no so make sure you get this sorted and they are aware the original work is yours.

I wouldn't share your work again and I'd ask to be assessed separately or ask for a different assessor.

Miffy xx

Chatterbox Childcare
08-10-2010, 08:49 AM
I was in the same situation a couple of years ago and I refused to hand mine over (send yours in early without her knowing). I did sit down with her and talk through her ideas and then helped her write it.

She is probably incertain of what she is doing but a really good minder that needs help with the setting out of the words.