PDA

View Full Version : hi everyone

kats
08-04-2008, 07:45 PM
Hi everyone can anyone help me with something, i got a mum coming to see me tomorrow ,wants her 5 year old minding after school and during school hols, do i do 2 seperate contracts with payments on etc 1 for after school and for hols. thanks,
katsxxxx

miffy
08-04-2008, 07:48 PM
I usually do just one contract

If you are using the NCMA ones I write the contracted days and hours and fee for the school holidays in the notes box

As long as you have it all written down and agreed and signed by parent that should be fine

Good luck

miffy xx

kats
08-04-2008, 07:57 PM
Thanks miffy, im so glad i found this site i felt a bit alone with it all before this has made it all so much clearer thankyou everyone.
kats
xxxxxxx

sarah707
08-04-2008, 07:59 PM
Don't ever feel alone.. just ask!

And yes, I just do one contract too.. :D

breezy
08-04-2008, 07:59 PM
Hi,
One contract is fine and alot easier, just write it all down!
good luck:)

kats
08-04-2008, 08:04 PM
Can i also ask (im going to sound really thick now) when someone says pm me, what does that mean
kats
xx

sarah707
08-04-2008, 08:07 PM
s'ok... not daft...

Go to the person's name and click... you will see a list of options... one is to send a personal message.

As you are a red member (new) you can only send personal messages (pms) to moderators (me, Angel or Dee) or the site owner (Pauline) at the moment... when you've been here a while your status changes and you can pm other members.

Hope this makes sense! Never worry about asking :D

angeldelight
08-04-2008, 08:08 PM
I also do one contract

Good luck

Angel xx

miffy
08-04-2008, 08:11 PM
Thanks miffy, im so glad i found this site i felt a bit alone with it all before this has made it all so much clearer thankyou everyone.
kats
xxxxxxx

Oh gosh don't ever feel alone - this site is really friendly and everyone is very helpful

Just come and chat there will always be someone to talk to..................

Miffy xx

kats
08-04-2008, 08:15 PM
Thankyou i understand it now
xx

Noodles
08-04-2008, 08:20 PM
Yep i agree with all of the above one contract and put all other info for hours fees etc in the notes box:)

Michelle M
08-04-2008, 08:25 PM
I usually do just one contract

If you are using the NCMA ones I write the contracted days and hours and fee for the school holidays in the notes box

As long as you have it all written down and agreed and signed by parent that should be fine

Good luck

miffy xx

I agree with Miffy thats the way I do it :)

kats
08-04-2008, 08:39 PM
will i haved to do the eyfs obs on a 5 year old child that i only have for 2 hrs after school and in the school hols, does anyone know?
kats
xx

sarah707
08-04-2008, 08:47 PM
will i haved to do the eyfs obs on a 5 year old child that i only have for 2 hrs after school and in the school hols, does anyone know?
kats
xx

I am asking this question at the moment... I have lots of part timers and I am unsure just how much of the whole obs, assessment, planning stuff will be viable when I get paid peanuts for a few hours a week.

As things stand, nobody has given me an answer... for you, however, if the child is 5 before September this year, they will be out of the age range of eyfs anyway.

There aren't any new standards for 5 - 8 year olds at the moment... they seem to have forgotten about that agegroup! :rolleyes:

kats
08-04-2008, 08:56 PM
so would ofsted not ask to see planning and observing for a 5 year old, would they just want to see they are being cared for and entertained?
kats
xxx

sarah707
08-04-2008, 09:17 PM
so would ofsted not ask to see planning and observing for a 5 year old, would they just want to see they are being cared for and entertained?
kats
xxx

I don't know... as things stand 5 year olds are cared for to the current standards...

In Sept under 5s will have to be cared for to the new eyfs standards.

Ofsted haven't come up with a new standards book for over 5s yet. I am sure they haven't forgotten! :rolleyes: