PDA

View Full Version : when should i start SEF

Mookins
07-10-2010, 11:34 AM
been minding now for 3 weeks:clapping: :clapping:

ony have 1mindee 20hrs a week, so wondering when i should make a start of the SeF...if its a self evaluation form i should be evaluating? ( that word doesnt look or sound right)

im hoping peeps will say noooo Mookins far to soon for you my dear stop worrying;)

but kind of know in my head the plans i had with minding have changed a lot since i actually started so this is already really under way:rolleyes:

ignore me if i dont make sense i have a cold
feel free to tell me if i dont have to worry just yet
and break it to me gently ifi need to get a grip and start:D

xxx

mrs robbie williams
07-10-2010, 11:38 AM
Hiya I have been having a go at mine this morning - just having a bit of lunch then going to try again - its time consuming. I was told I needed to have it in place ready for my inspection but luckily I havent got notification of that yet :panic: xx

SaijaM
07-10-2010, 12:04 PM
Hi Jennie!

I've been minding for a little bit over a month now... and I've started my SEF online last weekend... I've not got too far, just the first couple of questions...

I guess it's good to start at least.. maybe you're not expected to complete it yet, as you haven't minded so long.. this is what I'm thinking.. but not sure!

Hope you get lots of replies, I'll be keeping my beedy eye on this one!

xx Saija

naomiesian
07-10-2010, 12:08 PM
Its a good idea to start it as soon as you start minding so mrs O told me when I had my first inspection, although I hadn`t done it erm and still havent, I keep thinking I must make a start but then by the time all the children have gone home and ive tidied up, done planning, learning journeys and written obs up to link with the eyfs its way past my bedtime! oh and in between all that tea, baths and bed for my own two children!
My advice is make a start and dont worry to much if it isn`t all done when you have your inspection, just explain you are still getting to grips with it all, Ofsted inspectors are human (well most of them) and will take everything into account.
Good luck
Naomiesian xx

mummyof3
07-10-2010, 12:14 PM
I haven't started mine - been minding since December :eek: Mrs O already been and I told her I would make a start but still haven't. Really must get a kick up my bum and get it started. They do say its not compulsory though ;)

Cazz
07-10-2010, 12:29 PM
If you want my opinion (which you probably don't lol!!) then I would make a start on it.

It takes ages to do so you can spend an hour or so here and there when you get the time.

And .... my first proper inspection lasted 1 hour and 10 minutes because I had completed my SEF so extensively. The lovely inspector had gone through it all the day before and made notes so all she had to do was check that I do what I said I did by looking through my paperwork and around the house. She only asked me about 4 or 5 questions as well!! I was expecting her to be there 3-4 hours and come with me on a nursery pick-up so I was well chuffed when she got it done so quickly - she did tell me that it was so quick because I had completed the SEF so well.

So if you're anything like me that would be an incentive in it's self!! And it's a very satisfying feeling when you complete it and submit!!

If you get stuck on any of it I'll be happy to help if I can x

catswhiskers
07-10-2010, 09:45 PM
I would'nt even attempt it until you have been minding for at least 6 months.